What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious , why not put a Humbucker in the lead position Instead?
The Telecaster Deluxe has Fender Wide Range humbuckers. They are a different size than normal humbuckers. They were designed by the guy that designed the original "patent applied for" humbuckers at Gibson. The design's purpose was to offer more definition and brightness.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The Telecaster Deluxe has Fender Wide Range humbuckers. They are a different size than normal humbuckers. They were designed by the guy that designed the original "patent applied for" humbuckers at Gibson. The design's purpose was to offer more definition and brightness.
Didn’t know that. Thanks.

How many guitars do you own?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have three Stratocasters, but just started playing again after 16 years. Basically, I'm starting all over. It doesn't help that I've had two concussions in the intervening years. A lot of stuff isn't clicking the same..
Many, many, many years ago I contemplated buying an “old” Strat from Manny’s but the thought of buying a guitar sight unseen and worse yet, unplayed, was too much to overcome so I canned the idea. Wonder how much that ‘61 Sunburst that was selling for $1,000 would be worth today? :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many, many, many years ago I contemplated buying an “old” Strat from Manny’s but the thought of buying a guitar sight unseen and worse yet, unplayed, was too much to overcome so I canned the idea. Wonder how much that ‘61 Sunburst that was selling for $1,000 would be worth today? :rolleyes:
I bought two "Splattercasters" in 2005 because the shops couldn't move them. I got both of them for $700. They are worth $1,000+ each now. The thing is a decent new fender is $800+ now. So, not much profit in selling one.

They still have the sticker that says, "the design on this guitar is copyright of FMC 2003."

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

This was actually the first Hendrix album I ever bought. Got it used from a head shop for about $3. Literally wore out the grooves but luckily a few years later I worked in a retail record store and swapped out my old copies for brand new ones. A small perk for working in the biz. :LOL:

IMG_3307.jpeg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

This was actually the first Hendrix album I ever bought. Got it used from a head shop for about $3. Literally wore out the grooves but luckily a few years later I worked in a retail record store and swapped out my old copies for brand new ones. A small perk for working in the biz. :LOL:

View attachment 188909
My first Hendrix album. The son of my parent's friends put it on and I was floored by Spanish Castle Magic. It was a world changing moment.