What's new

What are you listening to?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A Pat Metheny night:

As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls
Offramp

In the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, the stable of artists on the ECM record label got a lot of playing time in the record store. Metheny was my favorite.

View attachment 192205

View attachment 192206
I just discovered ECM Records in the last few years. Really digging in to their catalog is a bit daunting. There a few different styles and some of it really requires that you understand something about that style. Their catalog can require a lot of intellectual engagement. Which is weird to me because so much of it feels relaxed to the point of being unassuming.

It doesn't help that they probably have the tightest reigns on their streaming. It can be hard to find some of the stuff without relying on fan made videos. I think you can still get most of the catalog on CD and vinyl through their site though.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just discovered ECM Records in the last few years. Really digging in to their catalog is a bit daunting. There a few different styles and some of it really requires that you understand something about that style. Their catalog can require a lot of intellectual engagement. Which is weird to me because so much of it feels relaxed to the point of being unassuming.

It doesn't help that they probably have the tightest reigns on their streaming. It can be hard to find some of the stuff without relying on fan made videos. I think you can still get most of the catalog on CD and vinyl through their site though.
Yup, ECM had a pretty w-i-d-e range of artists. Some of them were a little too far out for me but until I left the retail record business in ‘82, i listened to every release that we had demos of.

I should dig into my boxes of jazz albums and see what I still have left. ‘Course it would also help if I had a turntable. :giggle: