What's new

What are you reading?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Uncommon Grounds: The History Of Coffee And How It Transformed Our World

I know. I'm sick. It's a disease. But hopefully it keeps me supplying you with good coffee! The more I know, the better.
This benefits me too! Keep reading!

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
At home reading currently:
At the Center of the Storm - George Tenet
Collapse - Jared Diamond

Airplanes and Hotels:
Night Fall - Nelson DeMille
Streets of Laredo - Larry McMurtry

And always with me, cause I read it anywhere, the current issue of the Sporting News.

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
well since I am taking the safety rep job on my shift and just got done with the 10 hour OSHA certification class...I am doing a lot of reading in the CFR in the sections that I might have to deal with here at our plant...That and I try and read at least one section of our contract every day...boring I know lol...but I try and do my job to the best of my ability...len

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A Walk in the Woods is probably my favorite Bryson but I enjoy all. A Short History... is a slight departure on his usual works but very enjoyable and informative. I should re-read that one.

Just finished David Baldacci's latest "Simple Genius", I'm a sucker for explosions and shooting of bad guys.

I'm currently reading a NF called Crashing Through. Story about a man blinded at age three who had his vision restored as an adult. Very compelling and hard to put down. Author is Robert Kurson.

Bryson is one of my favorite authors -- and I just finished Crashing Through last week.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
"Paths of Darkness" Collectors Edition by RA Salvatore.

It is four books in one...

The Silent Blade
Spine of the World
Servant of the Shard
Sea of Swords

I first started reading RA Salvatore back in 1990 with the first of the Drzzt Do'Urden books, "Crystal Shard".

Since then the series has spanned more then a doazen books. Most of which I have read multiple times.
I really like his books but haven't picked them up in awhile.

Right now I'm reading the Black Company Series by Glen Cook and whatever Terry Pratchett books I can get ahold of, mainly the DiscWorld series.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
At home, I'm reading Blood Relation by Eric Konigsberg

Those of you who are a bit older, in the northeast may have heard of his uncle, Heshy Konigsburg or Kayo. He was a contract hit man for the mafia, a loan shark, and an enforcer. This author just found out that Heshy is his uncle, and has gone to meet him, and written a book about him. Pretty interesting so far.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So, I just finished Under The Black Flag, it was more of a history lesson than entertaining. I would only recommend it if you are a true fan of pirates ;)

I'll only give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
out of
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now I'm onto a book that I've been wanting to read for some time...So far it's awsome..It's a non-fiction book about The roaring 20s, Chicago, and the orginal and most notorious whorehouse to date; the Everleigh House....

Sin in the Second City

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just starting Shroud of the Thwacker by Chris Elliot. So far its pretty funny. Its a historic novel that doesn't pay attention to facts at all.