What's new

What are you reading

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
You've read The Fountainhead? Not mandatory regarding "reading order," but helpful in understanding the "evolution" of her philosophy.

Now that I've knocked the thread off topic, I'll put it back on the rails:

Read through Tobacco Road and God's Little Acre.
I'm from the same neck of the woods as Caldwell, and ol' Erskine is about as popular as Harriett Beecher Stowe down in Deep Dixie. He was not mentioned (much less required reading) in school. :banghead:

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
You've read The Fountainhead? Not mandatory regarding "reading order," but helpful in understanding the "evolution" of her philosophy.
I started The Fountainhead 4 or 5 times when I was younger, can't remember exactly how far I ever got into it. I know I didn't finish it though.

I listen to a lot of audio books, so mostly when I say 'reading' it's actually 'listening'. I only picked this one because it was on sale for super cheap, figured I'd give it a shot.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I started The Fountainhead 4 or 5 times when I was younger, can't remember exactly how far I ever got into it. I know I didn't finish it though.

I listen to a lot of audio books, so mostly when I say 'reading' it's actually 'listening'. I only picked this one because it was on sale for super cheap, figured I'd give it a shot.
Audio books count

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Finished A Bend In The Road it was not the romance novel I thought it would be, it was way more deep, but also quite unbelievable.....it's fiction, but c'mon!!

Up next

I know it won't be believable either, but I'm hoping it will be a fun read regardless.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dudes, wizard and glass is one of the best books Ive ever read, probably 2nd to Count of Monte Cristo. I liked wolves of the calla as well, then the series kinda went down hill a little IMO. Still, the series as a whole was amazing and so original.
Wizard and Glass was my favorite of the series too, really a great book. Obviously one needs to finish the series if they got this far, but the remaining books were pretty bad in my opinion. I recall King saying he was contemplating retirement due to the pain and such relating from when he was hit by a car a while back, but he wanted to finish the dark tower series as he felt it was his, I can't recall his exact words but something about being the most important story. If I recall the last three books (or was it four) were released over the course of like 18 months, and I feel they were not that great and this was probably due to a rushed pace to finish them. But I am sure he wanted the relief of being done too, he often talked about how it was the hardest stories to write for him. I think I still have the series at my parents house, I should pick them up next time I am there.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Wizard and Glass was my favorite of the series too, really a great book. Obviously one needs to finish the series if they got this far, but the remaining books were pretty bad in my opinion. I recall King saying he was contemplating retirement due to the pain and such relating from when he was hit by a car a while back, but he wanted to finish the dark tower series as he felt it was his, I can't recall his exact words but something about being the most important story. If I recall the last three books (or was it four) were released over the course of like 18 months, and I feel they were not that great and this was probably due to a rushed pace to finish them. But I am sure he wanted the relief of being done too, he often talked about how it was the hardest stories to write for him. I think I still have the series at my parents house, I should pick them up next time I am there.
I thought there final three were garbage. Sorry just got completely lost IMO. There was a novella that came out a while ago called "wind through the keyhole" that was good and set in midworld.