What's new

What are you reading

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I recently read a book called Lawyer's Notes. I liked it very much. It made me realize how hard the job of a lawyer is and how much they have to go through every day. I just live in Ottawa and I know some Ottawa Criminal Lawyers. Now I understand how hard their job is and why they are so tired all the time. But this job is also very exciting and interesting. I personally have never had any problems with the law, but if it ever comes up, I know that I should definitely contact a lawyer.
That's not a detective novel.

Very. I only read with a cigarette. Although I think sometimes it interferes with reading.
Much. I hate black licorice but sometimes I eat it anyway.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mister Yam - a twentysomething year old man disillusioned with corporate work in San Francisco - would find his life forever changed after an inexplicable phone call with a strange woman and an invitation to a musical show.

Thus begins a series of events that would take Mister Yam chasing nameless figures across the country; solving a mystery only he can explain.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yankee Samurai - Joseph Harrington

My FIL served as a translator in Okinawa but we only had one conversation about the war. One night at dinner I asked about his experiences. He looked straight at me and said “You see things you never want to see again.” I knew from his look and tone that it would be the last time we would ever talk about it.

A05E31BD-D1C5-4E83-A23B-5B76AC3E7C81.jpeg

Last edited:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Only book I’ve read of his. What else would you recommend from him?
Jackdaws and Hornet Flight are a couple of WW2 era books that I really enjoyed.

I’m also into history so I also liked some of his historical stuff.

Pillars of the Earth and its sequel World Without End are set in medieval times and center around cathedral building.

The century trilogy is 3 books that follow several families from the Russian revolution through the end of the Cold War which were also really good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Jackdaws and Hornet Flight are a couple of WW2 era books that I really enjoyed.

I’m also into history so I also liked some of his historical stuff.

Pillars of the Earth and its sequel World Without End are set in medieval times and center around cathedral building.

The century trilogy is 3 books that follow several families from the Russian revolution through the end of the Cold War which were also really good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks man.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Started A time to kill by John Grisham

saw the movie but had this book given to me so figure I’d give it a go
I read it before the movie was made and the book definitely had me interested in more of his work. I think it was the best of early works that Hollywood picked up.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Finally finished this one. Hell of a ride, sad to see it end but looking forward to reading more of his books.