What's new

What are you reading

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Still reading Pronto, but found this in my kindle app on Friday, started it, and finished it. This was an interesting story about one comic's retelling about his spot on an HBO Young Comedian Special with 5 other comics.

No spoilers, but 2 of the 6 comics went on to be pretty big stars, and the writer and another comic had brief cameos on Seinfeld. I love these kind of stories that tell all the dirt, be it sex, drugs, and rock n roll or just hobnobbing' with celebrities off the stage.....this book had all of that, and more

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Still reading Pronto, but found this in my kindle app on Friday, started it, and finished it. This was an interesting story about one comic's retelling about his spot on an HBO Young Comedian Special with 5 other comics.

No spoilers, but 2 of the 6 comics went on to be pretty big stars, and the writer and another comic had brief cameos on Seinfeld. I love these kind of stories that tell all the dirt, be it sex, drugs, and rock n roll or just hobnobbing' with celebrities off the stage.....this book had all of that, and more

If you're a Zeppelin fan, their book
"Hammer of the Gods" is a great read.
Excess and debauchery is an understatement for these guys. They set the bar for sex, drugs, and rock n' roll for all others to follow.
I've read it at least ten times myself.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If you're a Zeppelin fan, their book
"Hammer of the Gods" is a great read.
Excess and debauchery is an understatement for these guys. They set the bar for sex, drugs, and rock n' roll for all others to follow.
I've read it at least ten times myself.
Thanks for the recommendation, it is on my list. For some reason this is one book I have always overlooked, not sure why.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So good wasn't it? Seen the movie?
I really, really enjoyed it. I actually saw the movie a few weeks ago which inspired me to listen to the book, I'm glad it was in that order or I would have been sorely disappointed by the movie.
I read yesterday that Ernest Cline is supposedly working on a sequel :bored: I'm not sure what direction he could possibly go but I'll be waiting for it to come out.

I've come to find that a lot of these 'Young Adult' books can be interesting at any age. I recently finished the Miss Peregrine books on audible, initially I wasn't sure if I'd make it past the first one but I wrapped up the entire series in a couple weeks of listening while at work.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I really, really enjoyed it. I actually saw the movie a few weeks ago which inspired me to listen to the book, I'm glad it was in that order or I would have been sorely disappointed by the movie.
I read yesterday that Ernest Cline is supposedly working on a sequel :bored: I'm not sure what direction he could possibly go but I'll be waiting for it to come out.

I've come to find that a lot of these 'Young Adult' books can be interesting at any age. I recently finished the Miss Peregrine books on audible, initially I wasn't sure if I'd make it past the first one but I wrapped up the entire series in a couple weeks of listening while at work.
Yeah, I made the mistake of seeing it after I read the book, was TOTALLY disappointed. This was his 1st book, I heard his 2nd wasn't as good. I'd be interested in a sequel novel.

Yeah I've hear the Peregrine books are pretty good.