What's new

What are your buying plans for '06?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've been able to put a decent base of smokes together over the past year and have been mulling what acquisitions I'll make in the new year.

I plan on starting by replenishing some of my staple cigars like Party Shorts, RASS, BCJ, PLPC and Monte 5's. I'm planning on getting cabs of those available that way or two boxes if not. This way I can hang onto the ones left over from last year and do the same next year and so on. This way, in a few years I'll be able to sample smokes over a few year period to see how aging affects them.

After that I'll start picking up boxes of other cigars that I enjoy but don't have box quantities of yet. I also hope to get hold of some vintage cigars as the year progress's.

What are your plans?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Just to buy, buy, and buy!!! :rofl: Oh and try new cuban cigars I haven't gotten around to trying yet

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Being a novice I want to try as many new cigars as I can untill I can figure out which ones are my favorite. Then get abox of a couple favorites and some 5 packs for variety.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I pretty much need to buy stuff I like reviews on. Once I know what I like I am going to start stock piling.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I've done the perfecto, robusto, corona, CG, TPC, etc...but I want to try some of those vitola's I've passed on, Churchills & Lanceros.

Not sure on what brands I want to experiment with, but I have a good idea.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I think my plans are actually limiting how much I smoke down to one a week. Currently the cash flow isn't what I'm used to so... Anyway, I think the one a week rule will be good.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Let the boxes I have now age.

Buy more of my goto cigars to age and replace the ones I smoke.

Buy more vintage and rare cigars to age and smoke.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The only definite is that I have one box each of the three Edicion Limitadas coming my way when they are released around April. I believe they are coming from Cohiba, Partabas, and ______ (drawing blank). I am not sure the vitolas, but I believe the Cohiba is the piramide again. I am a sucker for the ELs

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
pharmgator said:
The only definite is that I have one box each of the three Edicion Limitadas coming my way when they are released around April. I believe they are coming from Cohiba, Partabas, and ______ (drawing blank). I am not sure the vitolas, but I believe the Cohiba is the piramide again. I am a sucker for the ELs
Cohiba Piramides
Montecristo Robustos
Partagas SD3

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
pharmgator said:
Cohiba Piramides
Montecristo Robustos
Partagas SD3

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I see that Thompson's has a couple boxes of Partagas 150 Don Ramon Signature series for sale. Out of 1000 made they have boxes #68 and 69.
And if I sell my firstborn child i might be able to come up with the 4 grand to get one.... NOT!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, let's see...with 22k in daycare staring me in the face this year my buying will be solely bonus based. So, aside from the quarterly bonus, I don't think I will be buying very much this year.

What I would like to do with that money is stock up on all my favorites that come in cabinets, of 25 or 50 count. I have found that I really prefer the completely round cigar you get from a Slide Lid Box (SLB) a lot more than a cigar that has been box pressed in a dress box.

I am mainly looking at Mag46, HdM Epicure #1, Juan Lopez #1, HdM du Prince, HdM des Deuix, Bolivar CE, and Punch RS 11 & 12.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well I hope to get in on a box split or two of a cigar that I can enjoy now and not have to age. Also explore a few different CC Robusto is my favorite size.