What's new

What Bank Do You Use?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Do you use a national bank or a local?

For what reason do you bring your business to that bank? What were your considerations in choosing them? What services do you use them for?

I myself use a national, Wachovia. I began using them as my parents opened my first account there and I have stayed with them.

I currently only use them for free checking/ATM. I utilize ING for my savings account.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
ING for savings as well.

I use CITIBANK for normal checking. I got stuck with them when CalFed was taken over. I already had all my online bill pay set up, so I've stayed. I hate them otherwise. If you call for an issue, you get to talk to some tool in India. :angryteet I do not recomend CITI to anyone.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
San Diego County Credit Union! direct deposit, no worries! i have a few leftover deposit slips if anyone would like to contribute to my cause (i have lots of them, so just fill in the blank _________________________ )!

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Quit the Bank when they wanted to "FEE" us to death. Went with the Credit Union. Direct deposit, free on line banking, free on line bill paying, secure accounts (they monitor for things that don't fit you profile). No penalty, FEE or charge for dealing with fraudulent activity. Only thing still with a "Bank" is the Mortage on the house.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Wells Fargo. They have a sweep account that moves the cash around. They still suck.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I use a credit union. Cyprus Credit union. Local to Utah, none in vegas, kinda sucks but I do direct deposit and all my bills are payed online so no big deal.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Will it sweep into Wells Fargo accounts and services only or can you sweep to external accounts as well?
I can pull from the Wells account but it sweeps all cash from three accounts to an interest bearing account daily.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I can pull from the Wells account but it sweeps all cash from three accounts to an interest bearing account daily.
Ahhh... I have one that sweeps funds in excess of a threshold I set into multiple accounts (MM, IB Savings, etc.), but no intrabank xfer which would make things simpler (and probably more expensive).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HSBC which is worldwide and crap but the mortgage is with them and I went with them originally when I was a student many many years ago.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I used to bank with DCH (Dewey, Cheatem and Howe) ... but I closed the account after only a few months. Seems that no matter how much I deposited, I was always overdrawn. :wtf:

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
First Technology CU for mortgage and savings, and Union Bank of CA for all other services. They operate almost interchangeably when it comes to transfers and all that.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'm moving all my accounts to an online bank. I don't need tellers and I can get one hell of a better rate on my savings with them. I get checks, I get ATM fees refunded. And as I'm thinking of going with WaMu I'm pretty sure I can use their ATMs for deposits so...I'm good.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use Citizens, b/c they are everywhere locally. But I'm really interested in the B.O.A. ads that promote the checking account that rounds off the cents and puts it into a savings acct. Any of you guys have any experience with that?

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Bank of America.

and yea I have the roll over thing.. but I transfer money between the accounts so often that it really does not matter...