What's new

What Bank Do You Use?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I use Citizens, b/c they are everywhere locally. But I'm really interested in the B.O.A. ads that promote the checking account that rounds off the cents and puts it into a savings acct. Any of you guys have any experience with that?

II heard the round up program is only up to $250. Not that I scoff at $250, but it seems gimicky to me.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I use my credit union (TEXANS CREDIT UNION) for two reasons:

#1 - Because I love the fact that credit unions aren't owned by a bunch of "fat cat" board members, so all the profits are returned back to the membership, either in dividends or increased products/services. It's nice to know that NO ONE is getting rich off my money.

#2 - Because I work at the credit union! :rolling:

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
II heard the round up program is only up to $250. Not that I scoff at $250, but it seems gimicky to me.
It is a little bit, it is only on one card usu a debit card wich I hardly ever use. I also trade money between accounts so I don't always see it. I started w/BoA years ago when they bought the bank I was doing business with, that has been 13+ years ago so that is what I have stuck with.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wachovia now. It was Nation's Bank for years, the they were bought out by Bank of America. I got tired of BoA nickel and diming me, so I withdrew all my money and went to Wachovia. Also have an ING online account also... :)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I had experieince with the BoA round up thing and I thought it was a good deal. But then again, when at the gas station I started making sure I didn't go over the next dollar when I was close to filling up....so you do kind of adapt to it one way or another.

I just moved over to WaMu. Completely free checking with all the amenities and their online Savings paying at 5% APR. Can't beat it baby.

Oh, one thing that I did love about BoA. They just started this thing where you can actually kind of balance your account on line by checking off transactions as they occur. Not useful to all, but it helped me to make sure I was keeping track of everything and that there weren't any strange charges I didn't recognize.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My company just was just purchased by a sub of U.S. Bank. I guess we will be switching since everything is free and to be politically correct.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
What do you do for Texans? They were a client of mine until our company restructured at the end of last year. I spent a good bit of time at the main office.
I am a Graphic Designer.

I work in the marketing department on the 4th floor of the main office (Campbell Rd & 75).

What company do you work for, and what do you do?

I hope your answer isn't financial related; I'm afraid I don't know anything about the financial side of things. LOL

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I just went to Wells Fargo, Lots of freebe's, Like Chuck said , I can move $$ from one of 4 acct. Bill Pay is great (Fast)......