What's new

What blend would you like to see in a Lancero?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
And thank you very kindly for that!:)
^What he said^
Just so we are clear here, I am not denigrating anyone for their preference in vitolas, you should always smoke what you enjoy, I am just opining what my personal preferences are...
Totally hear you on this. I'm a lancero guy, and came to them after "wrapping" my head around the ratio dialog we see so much of in cigarland. (Bad pun TOTALLY intended.) I take no offense to anything you have posted.

At the same time, I find it really interesting that the consuming public (myself included) can easily latch on to that dialog of ratio, easily explain it to their friends, thereby spreading this notion around cigar world like a wildfire, but rarely do we see/hear/read the flipside to that story. Now, here in this thread, you are pointing out the limitations of the vitola and I'm kicking myself for not having figured this out already.... it's a pretty rad experience.

It reminds me of the fantasy I had as a freshman in high school, where I got caught with my pants down in the locker room after soccer practice by the hot senior cheerleader... and she "takes advantage" of me. Except here, it's my brain that got caught with its pants down, and all that sexy information that's taking advantage of my brain.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Off topic warning... post adds nothing to the thread.

Posting online is a very dangerous medium - probably more so in a forum vs FB or Twitter because you have so much more rope (aka words) in which to hang yourself with.

Amazingly I have survived 20+ years of doing so; I may be mistaken, but I don't think any principal in the cigar industry other than myself has managed to do this. Most burn or flame out after a few years at best. And no one writes the length or detail that I do... guess they are smart enough to know better. :>

I began communicating online regarding cigars because I enjoyed it and wanted to learn. Later to share what I had learned. I enjoy the diversity of opinions and still to this day occasionally pick up on something new or insightful. I have never really looked at it as a commercial tool, albeit there is some benefit, but ultimately I think those that participate for solely that reason are quickly found out and dismissed. Even all these years later, I remain a cigar geek at heart and hence I read and post when time allows.

Like those that posted above me, I took no offense and in turn, I meant none, however I sometimes repost or add to something in an attempt to be clearer. My experience has taught me to try to read things from another person's perspective and I could see how someone might take my POV regarding lanceros as a personal insult to their own like of them. So I posted the followup I did.
-----

Back on topic: One of my personal favorite Lances is the Tatuaje Black - this conversation motivated me to grab one from the humidor and it is exceptional.

BR,

STS

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Off topic warning... post adds nothing to the thread.

Posting online is a very dangerous medium - probably more so in a forum vs FB or Twitter because you have so much more rope (aka words) in which to hang yourself with.

Amazingly I have survived 20+ years of doing so; I may be mistaken, but I don't think any principal in the cigar industry other than myself has managed to do this. Most burn or flame out after a few years at best. And no one writes the length or detail that I do... guess they are smart enough to know better. :>

I began communicating online regarding cigars because I enjoyed it and wanted to learn. Later to share what I had learned. I enjoy the diversity of opinions and still to this day occasionally pick up on something new or insightful. I have never really looked at it as a commercial tool, albeit there is some benefit, but ultimately I think those that participate for solely that reason are quickly found out and dismissed. Even all these years later, I remain a cigar geek at heart and hence I read and post when time allows.

Like those that posted above me, I took no offense and in turn, I meant none, however I sometimes repost or add to something in an attempt to be clearer. My experience has taught me to try to read things from another person's perspective and I could see how someone might take my POV regarding lanceros as a personal insult to their own like of them. So I posted the followup I did.
-----

Back on topic: One of my personal favorite Lances is the Tatuaje Black - this conversation motivated me to grab one from the humidor and it is exceptional.

BR,

STS
I. Really. Want. To. Herf. With. This. Guy. Steve, you are my hero. Not because of the LP line. But because you are a true cigar geek at heart.