What's new

What causes this?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am towards the end of an Empress of Cuba habano and heard a cracking sound while taking a pull on it. I looked and the wrapper leaf had split. It had been an absolute perfect smoke until that point, it had been store at 65% rh for a few months prior to smoking. Im guessing maybe the filler had been packed a bit too tightly at the point where it cracked and the heat caused it to expand thus cracking the wrapper but figured I'd ask incase I'm wrong since I've yet to experience this happen.
20180219_021805.jpg

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My guess would be a poor job of packing/wrapping. I had the same thing happen with an H. Upmann I bought from a local shop. Bought 2 of the same cigar and let them rest for several months at home. Lit the first one up and after about 30 secs heard a creaking, popping noise and it split all the way from the foot to the midpoint. About 3”. I smoked the other one months later and had no problem whatsoever.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Kind of strange because we all have cigars unravel but I've never noticed any sound effects? I know hard shelled bugs i.e. beetles can make a popping sound when heated but you'd have to have pretty good ears or pretty big bugs

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Before I light up I have been know to mouth both the areas above & below the band to prevent wrapper cracking. Some wrappers are as thin as plastic wrap, and if am sure the expanding of the cigar cause by "heat of being smoked". Basic physics thing expand in heat, and contract in cold.

MIght consider some Cigar Repair Glue to to fix these splits that happen.

Cheaper then a good Cigar.

http://perfecdraw.com/perfecrepair-span-class-custom-tm-span

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Most often in my experience, it happens because of a drastic change in temperature. Like going from 70 degree house to a 40 degree garage.