What's new

What CC you smoking?

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
How are your '17s smoking, James?
It smoked really well. This one had a hard spot about a quarter of the way up from the foot and it made the draw a little tight until I burned through it. After that smooth sailing. They have stayed in the foil in and in the box the entire time. I just pulled the last couple out and stuck them in a singles drawer to get rid of the box. Honestly, it could have benefited from a couple days of dry boxing. Definitely one of my favorites as far as Romeo y Julieta is concerned. I think they’re a cigar that lend themselves well to aging.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It smoked really well. This one had a hard spot about a quarter of the way up from the foot and it made the draw a little tight until I burned through it. After that smooth sailing. They have stayed in the foil in and in the box the entire time. I just pulled the last couple out and stuck them in a singles drawer to get rid of the box. Honestly, it could have benefited from a couple days of dry boxing. Definitely one of my favorites as far as Romeo y Julieta is concerned. I think they’re a cigar that lend themselves well to aging.
Thanks, James. I have an unopened box (must be '16 or '17) that I've been trying to let "simmer" in foil for a few years before cracking it. I need to go check the box code, maybe it's time to try one out.

I've been smoking a lot more recent vintage Romeos than I used to, the Wide Churchills and Belicosos being most common, with some EX 4s thrown in here and there. I really love the first two the last few years.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Thanks, James. I have an unopened box (must be '16 or '17) that I've been trying to let "simmer" in foil for a few years before cracking it. I need to go check the box code, maybe it's time to try one out.

I've been smoking a lot more recent vintage Romeos than I used to, the Wide Churchills and Belicosos being most common, with some EX 4s thrown in here and there. I really love the first two the last few years.
Definitely pull one out and give it a go. I think the Cazadores have a bit more body than the Churchill lines, which is one of the reasons I like them and think they’ll do well long term. Romeo is always hit or miss with me for some reason. Best RyJ I’ve ever had was a 95 Celestiales Finos. The Cedros de Luxe No. 1’s are really good too. The size of those and the Cazzie just appeals to me though.