What's new

What CC you smoking?

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
When are you trying the 2008???
Want to hear you feedback
Soon, I hope. I've been crazy busy over the last few weeks. I want to burn it when I have time to sit down and really indulge :cigar:

Heck, I havne't posted a picture of the bomb you sent me or the contest winnings I scored a while back. Oh well, I'll get around to it sooner or later.

Well, no excuses anymore. I've got "around to it" lol

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Getting ready to grill some chicken. Went to grab a 13 Sig IV from a box I just opened a week or so ago. I couldn't find it so gave up and went into the singles. Found a Dip I didn't remember having before. I wasn't sure where it came from, but size looked about right for a first smoke tonight. Lit it up and it started to jar my memory. I worked through a box of these and squirreled away several boxes for aging. Very enjoyable smoke. I've been falling apart physically the last few years from playing too many sports when I was younger. My eyesight is getting worse and now my memory is slipping. I still make the best of everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my first Cuban today, my first since I've really been smoking. I've had about five in the past, at least two that were real

Had the Montecristo #2. It was good, but I wasn't blown away at all. I didn't age it, I've have had it about a month. I've read on this forum that Cubans really have to be aged, so I'm wondering if that's what I'm missing...

I had gotten nine different Cubans, and was thinking if there were any I liked a lot I would buy a box or two to age.

I didn't find any pairings I loved with it, a couple of rums were pretty good.

IMG_1188.JPG

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So man
Had my first Cuban today, my first since I've really been smoking. I've had about five in the past, at least two that were real

Had the Montecristo #2. It was good, but I wasn't blown away at all. I didn't age it, I've have had it about a month. I've read on this forum that Cubans really have to be aged, so I'm wondering if that's what I'm missing...

I had gotten nine different Cubans, and was thinking if there were any I liked a lot I would buy a box or two to age.

I didn't find any pairings I loved with it, a couple of rums were pretty good.

View attachment 99813
So many variables, how old was it, what year was it from (not really the same question), did it have time in your humi to even out, was it a good one (ive learned here montis are inconsistent).I see a bic lighter there, they will taint your smoke with unburnt fuel. I know i have done it. And maybe, its just not your thing. Either way, i love a good monti 2. Bane and beauty of this hoby... its all about experimentation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So man

So many variables, how old was it, what year was it from (not really the same question), did it have time in your humi to even out, was it a good one (ive learned here montis are inconsistent).I see a bic lighter there, they will taint your smoke with unburnt fuel. I know i have done it. And maybe, its just not your thing. Either way, i love a good monti 2. Bane and beauty of this hoby... its all about experimentation.
I gotta check the age. I had it in the humidor for only a month, I realize that may be a factor. I had a torch lighter, it broke and ordered a new one. But the Bic's been fine for my other cigars. I don't get that bad flavor that I do from a zippo.

Yeah I've heard these are inconsistent. How do you figure out which cigars to buy a box of to age? So if it's gonna be a great cigar in two years, would it be very good after a month or would it just be okay?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Getting ready to grill some chicken. Went to grab a 13 Sig IV from a box I just opened a week or so ago. I couldn't find it so gave up and went into the singles. Found a Dip I didn't remember having before. I wasn't sure where it came from, but size looked about right for a first smoke tonight. Lit it up and it started to jar my memory. I worked through a box of these and squirreled away several boxes for aging. Very enjoyable smoke. I've been falling apart physically the last few years from playing too many sports when I was younger. My eyesight is getting worse and now my memory is slipping. I still make the best of everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My memory is nonexistent since having viral meningitis a few years back. If I don't write it down, put a reminder in my phone, or schedule it in outlook at work it doesn't get done... Its frustrating for sure. It is fun to find forgotten surprises in the stash though.