What's new

What CC you smoking?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
And the verdict???
More specifically -
Incredibly smooth, even on the retro. No "offness" or bitterness. No overt hay or grass notes that need to be toned down though I could detect a hint of a note that could fade or change that could improve it some.
Notes of cream, nuts, wheat and faint leather, and a little something extra not really found in NC's. But not easy to single out or describe. Delightful, which is saying something considering how hardcore my preference is for maduro, and broadleaf maduro especially.
I suspect it would be an incredible following to berry topped creme Brulee or blackberry cobbler. Can imagine it pairing well with several things...
Can't wait to try at peak.
Must try Moar........... ;)
I just thought it deserved more detail @Jay_Habanos

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
More specifically -
Incredibly smooth, even on the retro. No "offness" or bitterness. No overt hay or grass notes that need to be toned down though I could detect a hint of a note that could fade or change that could improve it some.
Notes of cream, nuts, wheat and faint leather, and a little something extra not really found in NC's. But not easy to single out or describe. Delightful, which is saying something considering how hardcore my preference is for maduro, and broadleaf maduro especially.
I suspect it would be an incredible following to berry topped creme Brulee or blackberry cobbler. Can imagine it pairing well with several things...
Can't wait to try at peak.
Must try Moar...........
I just thought it deserved more detail @Jay_Habanos
I think it's the retrohale and the flavor of the tobacco blends. Cuban tobacco is grown in the Pinar Del Río region of Western Cuba . It is legendary for tobacco and is said to have a reddish nutrient rich soil to grow on. But it's that Cuban "twang" that gets so damn addicting. No NC has that spice or "twang"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I think it's the retrohale and the flavor of the tobacco blends. Cuban tobacco is grown in the Pinar Del Río region of Western Cuba . It is legendary for tobacco and is said to have a reddish nutrient rich soil to grow on. But it's that Cuban "twang" that gets so damn addicting. No NC has that spice or "twang"

There's definitely something. And it's special. But I'm surprised how close some NC's have gotten. The difference is not quite as great as I expected. (sample size of 1 so far...)
But with the quality and variety of blends brands and options available right now in both markets, it's an incredible time to be a cigar fan...
That said, I can see the Habanos side is just going to expand and worsen the obsession.. ;)

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
There's definitely something. And it's special. But I'm surprised how close some NC's have gotten. The difference is not quite as great as I expected. (sample size of 1 so far...)
But with the quality and variety of blends brands and options available right now in both markets, it's an incredible time to be a cigar fan...
That said, I can see the Habanos side is just going to expand and worsen the obsession.. ;)
Aging is the next level. The gap between aged Habanos vs fresh is big. So that makes the comparison from Aged Habanos vs NCs a totally no contest win for Habanos

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finally. View attachment 102015
Now I feel bad for evading Jay's missiles. Either cheated him out of the pleasure or absolved him of the guilt of getting me started... ;) Sorry man.
And your push has become full slide down the cc cliff. Seriously though man I'm sure you noticed the exspense isn't that much different unless you start getting into the regionals and larger vitola

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
And your push has become full slide down the cc cliff. Seriously though man I'm sure you noticed the exspense isn't that much different unless you start getting into the regionals and larger vitola
Yeah, that was the kicker. Still a bit of a premium to try to just get a sampling as options are limited for that. :/

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Alright Chuck, edit in an "in progress" pick so nobody has to bust your balls.. ;)
so those are ready to go, or you just trying it out to get a baseline?
Jay_noncubans is a newb but also part of my fan club.

But aside from that... I really like them. They have a really nice blend with these ... I think I might like them more than the 2014 LE after a year of rest.

Get some asap.