What's new

What CC you smoking?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Smoked my first H. Upmann Anejado today.

Buddy and I bought two boxes (1 order) sent to his house. He opened them up and told me that the boxes had the same code, but one box had cigars with noticeably darker wrappers than the other, and gave me my choice. I chose the lighter wrappers, but we swapped a couple out of each box so we could both see what the others tasted like.

Today I smoked one of the dark wrapper ones. Excellent construction and draw, straight burn. Good quality tobacco but nothing outstanding in the first third, mostly cedar notes. Towards the middle the flavors got a little "charry" and had a burnt wood quality. This didn't last long, and the cigar ended pretty much back where it started. Enjoyable for sure, but not mind blowing at all.

Later next week I will try one of the lighter wrapper ones and report if it tastes differently to me.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Smoked my first H. Upmann Anejado today.

Buddy and I bought two boxes (1 order) sent to his house. He opened them up and told me that the boxes had the same code, but one box had cigars with noticeably darker wrappers than the other, and gave me my choice. I chose the lighter wrappers, but we swapped a couple out of each box so we could both see what the others tasted like.

Today I smoked one of the dark wrapper ones. Excellent construction and draw, straight burn. Good quality tobacco but nothing outstanding in the first third, mostly cedar notes. Towards the middle the flavors got a little "charry" and had a burnt wood quality. This didn't last long, and the cigar ended pretty much back where it started. Enjoyable for sure, but not mind blowing at all.

Later next week I will try one of the lighter wrapper ones and report if it tastes differently to me.

I've got 6 singles headed my way. I'll try to let them settle for a couple months. I'm really looking forward to smoking them but I will hold my expectations in check for now.