What's new

What CC you smoking?

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
@icehog3 WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY.
When I had cervical fusion I was told no smoking as it is a fact it slows recovery of bone regrowth. Surgeon told me it's time to find new friends. I lasted almost 3 weeks, but did cut back from 2-3 per day. Currently have a sinus thing going on so can't smoke cause it tastes like crap. If it doesn't go away this weekend I'll head to the doctor for some antibiotics.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Broke my fibula in a men's league hockey game Wednesday night. Nothing to do put drop painkillers and smoke cigars yesterday.

Ramon Allones Perfecto, 2014 RE Suiza

El Rey del Mundo Infantes, 2013 RE Cuba

Heading to the orthopedic surgeon in a couple hours to see exactly how much more smoking time I'm going to have before I can get back on the ice, on the bike, in the gym. Cigars will be my silver lining. :ROFLMAO:
Sorry to hear you got hurt. I had surgery a few years ago and spent plenty of afternoons with Vicodin and Habanos. Doesn't totally eliminate the pain though, that requires bourbon. Be well.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Had the pleasure of smoking three great cigars this week:

image.jpeg

I believe this is a Punch Regios de Punch Edition 2017, courtesy of @qpzmide What a great "throw on" on a fiver trade! Priced a little north of what I usually spend on a box, but I might have to make an exception.

image.jpeg

An SLR Regios, one of my favorites. If you like full bodied smoke machines that are good ROTT or aged, run to get a box of these. This one was ORG JUL16 .

image.jpeg

Today I was off due to the weather, so I had a Mag 46 on the front porch. An AT from a three pack it was a little fresh but still enjoyable. Enough to get me to buy a box.

Hopefully more to come this weekend!

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Broke my fibula in a men's league hockey game Wednesday night. Nothing to do put drop painkillers and smoke cigars yesterday.

Ramon Allones Perfecto, 2014 RE Suiza

El Rey del Mundo Infantes, 2013 RE Cuba

Heading to the orthopedic surgeon in a couple hours to see exactly how much more smoking time I'm going to have before I can get back on the ice, on the bike, in the gym. Cigars will be my silver lining. :ROFLMAO:
Man that sucks. Quick let's have a Chicago herf!! He'll have no excuse for missing!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Thanks for all the encouragement and advice, Gentlemen, I sincerely appreciate it. You guys are the best.

I don't believe that a cigar or two a day where one is getting negligible quantities of nicotine would have any significant effect. But 10 or more cigarettes a day would probably delay healing a bit. Personally, I would think that if @icehog3 is happier, and less likely to get depressed, from a cigar a day it might just counter any minor negative effects from the nicotine. I doubt @icehog3 will hear that from his orthopedic surgeon though.
Saw my orthopedic surgeon today, surgery will be Tuesday if the swelling isn't still severe. I told him that I smoked several cigars a week, he didn't say a thing....at least yet.

@icehog3 WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY.
When I had cervical fusion I was told no smoking as it is a fact it slows recovery of bone regrowth. Surgeon told me it's time to find new friends. I lasted almost 3 weeks, but did cut back from 2-3 per day. Currently have a sinus thing going on so can't smoke cause it tastes like crap. If it doesn't go away this weekend I'll head to the doctor for some antibiotics.
Thank you, Mike!
I found smoking today somewhat unpleasant, I think it is the painkillers. So I likely won't smoke for a bit after the surgery, but hopefully the plate and screws will make sure it doesn't "unfuse" from a cigar once I'm up to it.

Sorry to hear you got hurt. I had surgery a few years ago and spent plenty of afternoons with Vicodin and Habanos. Doesn't totally eliminate the pain though, that requires bourbon. Be well.
Good to hear....and I have plenty of bourbon on hand. No Schlitz, though! :D

Man that sucks. Quick let's have a Chicago herf!! He'll have no excuse for missing!
No driving for at least 6 weeks I'm told, so either close enough to Uber, or someone has to pick me up. :ROFLMAO: But no hockey games for an excuse for quite a while for me. :(

Smoked an RA Celestiales Finos today, like I said, it was kind of a waste. If I smoke anything else before Tuesday, it will be more pedestrian for sure.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the pleasure of smoking three great cigars this week:

View attachment 114691

I believe this is a Punch Regios de Punch Edition 2017, courtesy of @qpzmide What a great "throw on" on a fiver trade! Priced a little north of what I usually spend on a box, but I might have to make an exception.
How was this? I have a box that's been resting for a month that I've yet to break into.