What's new

What CC you smoking?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1966 box.jpg
Shouldn’t that have the old Cohiba band on them? That’s the current band that didn’t come out until 2014. To say nothing of how off those wrappers look. I think you’ve been taken, my man.
I only smoke fakes.:happy:

I bought two boxes when I was in London from James J. Fox. I f they a fakes they taste and smoke awesome so I don't really care.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JJ Fox sells fakes, lmao. I'm not sure what the point of this trolling is yet, but I'm excited to find out!
No trolling from me Master Shake. I'm a big Meatwad fan myself. If I was taken, and it looks like it to me after some research, please let me let me know.
I paid full UK prices for those two boxes. One of my technicians shipped these back for me and I will have his head if he took me for a ride. The 1966s smoke very well for fakes. Did you check out the other cigars that I posted? Here is the outer box. I had questions about the warning label being in Spanish when I got them.20181113_202310.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
@XENU Quite a few things stick jump out at me about the box. Here's a list of concerns:
1. Maybe its just the pic, but the cigars don't look good. 1966s should look amazing. Those look like they've come out of a glass top box.
2. These have the wrong band. They should have the old band, the new style band debuted in May of 2014, the only cigar to have them before that was the Piramides Extra.
3. In the first pic of these, the sticker on the inside of the varnished wood box is wrong, there shouldn't be any white outline outside of the gold border.
4. There shouldn't be a seal or serial number on the varnished wood box.
5. The box code is totally fucked. For starters its always SEP, never SEPT. Secondly, there shouldn't be a 2013 date for a limited edition from 2011. Third, MKO was an EL Laguito box code from 04, not even close to what the 1966 should have. Finally, the font is all wrong.
6. The Edition Limitada sticker should be on the varnished box, and should not be on the outer cardboard.
7. If its a box from JJ Fox, where's the EMS sticker? Also, they definitely shouldn't have a Spanish warning label if they're from England.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@XENU Quite a few things stick jump out at me about the box. Here's a list of concerns:
1. Maybe its just the pic, but the cigars don't look good. 1966s should look amazing. Those look like they've come out of a glass top box.
2. These have the wrong band. They should have the old band, the new style band debuted in May of 2014, the only cigar to have them before that was the Piramides Extra.
3. In the first pic of these, the sticker on the inside of the varnished wood box is wrong, there shouldn't be any white outline outside of the gold border.
4. There shouldn't be a seal or serial number on the varnished wood box.
5. The box code is totally fucked. For starters its always SEP, never SEPT. Secondly, there shouldn't be a 2013 date for a limited edition from 2011. Third, MKO was an EL Laguito box code from 04, not even close to what the 1966 should have. Finally, the font is all wrong.
6. The Edition Limitada sticker should be on the varnished box, and should not be on the outer cardboard.
7. If its a box from JJ Fox, where's the EMS sticker? Also, they definitely shouldn't have a Spanish warning label if they're from England.
Thanks, Master Shake,
Shake zula, the mic rula, the old schoola, you want a trip, I’ll bring it to ya
These are totally wrong as you pointed out. My guy in London has some splaining to do. The cigars look much better in hand than in the picture and smoke great. This is the second box that I recently opened. They have been in my humidor for two years at this point. I am going to see if I kept the empty first box. I have never had an issue before, and this box is definitely different from the first box I smoked two years ago. Is it cool if I PM you if in the future with questions? If my guy did the switchola on me I am going to transfer him to the Middle East.
Cheers,
Marc

Edit: The other boxes I have gotten from the UK definitely had the ugly warning label in ENGLISH. I am fuming right now, but I am enjoying a nice Partegas Piramides that is legit.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
with these fancy boxes, the box code is on the cardboard shipping box.
MINSAP is a Cuban consumption sticker,so these would have been sold in Cuba.
another flag.
Lacking a triple cap, transit sticker is over the tax seal, should be under it.
Yellow on band is too light.

sorry to learn you have a spurious box.
it happens all too often.

Last edited: