What's new

What CC you smoking?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Let me apologize right up front for the wordiness of this post. Sometime back in the early 1990's I read an interview with Avelino Lara in CA magazine. In that interview there was a quote that went something like this, " Aaah....the Esplendidos. That is the finest cigar in the world amigo." For me the very idea of finding any legitimate CC cigar during that time was very remote. The idea of the "finest cigar in the world" wasn't even on my radar. Well tonight after a wonderful dinner of Prime rib, baked sweet potato, asparagus and the most wonderful bottle of wine I have had in several years, I smoked my first Cohiba Esplendidos. Hands down, bar none this was the finest smoking experience of my life. According to the brother who provided me the opportunity to smoke this cigar the box code is MUO ABR 14. This cigar was everything that I had conjured in my mind to be. The burn, the ash, the flavors, the complexity...just ethereal. I don't ever expect to experience this again. I'll be purchasing and smoking more Esplendidos but I am not sure that it's possible to ever enjoy a cigar as much as I did this one again. This stick was smoked with near reverence while listening to Dvorak's 9th Symphony and created a Christmas memory all it's own. With gratitude to @ChefBoyRG54 for the opportunity to check something off my bucket list. BTW the photos are not so much for you guys but an opportunity for me to record this memorable moment.
IMG_2316.jpg IMG_2327.jpg IMG_2336.jpg IMG_2338.jpg IMG_2340.jpg IMG_2342.jpg

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Let me apologize right up front for the wordiness of this post. Sometime back in the early 1990's I read an interview with Avelino Lara in CA magazine. In that interview there was a quote that went something like this, " Aaah....the Esplendidos. That is the finest cigar in the world amigo." For me the very idea of finding any legitimate CC cigar during that time was very remote. The idea of the "finest cigar in the world" wasn't even on my radar. Well tonight after a wonderful dinner of Prime rib, baked sweet potato, asparagus and the most wonderful bottle of wine I have had in several years, I smoked my first Cohiba Esplendidos. Hands down, bar none this was the finest smoking experience of my life. According to the brother who provided me the opportunity to smoke this cigar the box code is MUO ABR 14. This cigar was everything that I had conjured in my mind to be. The burn, the ash, the flavors, the complexity...just ethereal. I don't ever expect to experience this again. I'll be purchasing and smoking more Esplendidos but I am not sure that it's possible to ever enjoy a cigar as much as I did this one again. This stick was smoked with near reverence while listening to Dvorak's 9th Symphony and created a Christmas memory all it's own. With gratitude to @ChefBoyRG54 for the opportunity to check something off my bucket list. BTW the photos are not so much for you guys but an opportunity for me to record this memorable moment.
View attachment 75225 View attachment 75226 View attachment 75227 View attachment 75228 View attachment 75229 View attachment 75230
Merry Christmas Dave!