What's new

What CC you smoking?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Long story, so bear with me.
County stock show was today. You're allowed three of each species. My daughter raises lambs and goats.
With her goats she took two first places, a second, a Breed Champion, Reserve Grand, and Grand champion, .
Her lambs took two firsts, a third, Breed champion, reserve Breed champion, and Grand champion.
Six ribbons, six banners, and three buckles!
This is her senior year, and she spends 4 hours a day, 7 days a week in the barn. It took 8 years of showing to win at county. I could seriously make an extra mortgage payment a month in feed costs alone.
9 lambs, 5 goats total
She lives for the show ring.

To celebrate, I took our whole show group out to the steakhouse, and am gonna top the day off with a Cohiba and a Miller Lite.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the smoke!
Congrats to your daughter on a job well done!!(y)

Jody

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Dude, that's awesome! Congrats to her. I know NOTHING about livestock, but I know it's hard work, and very demanding.
Thanks brother! Wouldn't put the money in if she wouldn't put the time in. I'm so proud of her. She's a very driven young lady. When someone asks her if she was raised in a barn, she proudly says " Yes, I was"....

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
About an hour west/southwest of St. Louis - it's still going this morning, probably up to a foot now - we never get snow like this. My kiddo and all the neighborhood girls are having a blast :cool:
I guess it's good that it's Saturday!
Haven't had much snow at all in Chicago so far (<knocks on wood>)….and I am NOT complaining. ;)