What's new

What Cigar Are You Looking Forward to From IPCPR 2015

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to say the Warped cigars. I was blown away by the La Colmena. It's not a new cigar per se but new for me and my store.

The La Palina red label, Padron Damaso and Undercrown Shade are all on point morning cigars! So happy to see some of my favorite brands offering milder but complex options this year.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
There are a couple of sticks that I am truly looking forward to and I am wondering what others are looking forward to. Here are my Top 5:

Padron Serie 1926 TAA Exclusive No. 47
Crowned Heads "La Imperiosa"
Herrera Estelí Norteño Edicion Limitada
A.J. Fernandez “Enclave” & Salomon Especial
La Flor - Litto Gomez 2015 & Salomon
Any answer that doesn't include Sobremesa is wrong! :p
Without a doubt, Drew Estate's Undercrown Shade
Sobremesa, El Gueguense, San Cristobal Ovation, Undercrown Shade, some others I forgot atm
I'm biased, but the new Warped Don Reynaldo and Futuro are on point. Don Reynaldo is easily my new favorite from the Miami line.
Going to have to say the Warped cigars. I was blown away by the La Colmena. It's not a new cigar per se but new for me and my store.

The La Palina red label, Padron Damaso and Undercrown Shade are all on point morning cigars! So happy to see some of my favorite brands offering milder but complex options this year.
Stay tuned to CigarJedi.com for reviews on most of this.

I smoked the Futuro (best in show, IMO), the Enclave (big, but super savory for the $7 price), and the el catador petite coronas (GREAT new size).

Nobody got the Sobremesa. Not ready. The box and band art is sweet though.

@CigarJedi smoked the new Norteño.

I have the Imperiosa, UC Shade, Gueguense, Don Reynaldo, La Palina Red and Padron Damaso waiting. Some I'll review. Stay Tuned for pics of these and others ;)

Liana Fuente laid a couple of Angels (my favorite) on us, which was super nice of her.

The stick you ought to look out for that is not on this list so far is the Linda petit lancero from Cabal. After the Futuro it was my favorite that I smoked at the show. Jedi and I will review it soon.

Great show. Sparse, compared to other years I am told. Hot. Exhausting. But so fun.

Best NoLa food for me was at The Joint (BBQ), Felix's (jambalaya, shrimp po boy), and Killer Po Boys (sautéed shrimp po boy). The crawfish étouffée at the hall was surprisingly delicious. And of course Cafe du Monde begniets & coffee.

Next time I gotta hit Cochon. And The Joint for ribs and brisket (they were out!).

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The only bad food I had there was at the convention center....

Red Fish, La Bocca, Emeril's..... The list goes on
I was disappointed. Catering is always terrible. No excuse for not having a couple of local places in there that are good. The shrimp po boy was ok. Étouffée was good. The rest looked terrible.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
So far the only new cigars I smoked were the AVO Nicaragua, Henry Clay Tattoo, Montecristo 80th, L' Atelier Mission, Murcielago, Undercrown Shade, and the EPC Oscuro. They were all pretty good, and are worth buying. There were a few others I smoked, which I wasn't impressed with but I don't want to mention them. I picked up a bunch of other new stuff including the Foundation Cigar Co, but I haven't gotten a chance to smoke them. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to pick up the Padron Demasso.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Maybe it's just me, but so far from what I heard, the new items look relatively underwhelming. I will definitely try a few, but nothing really jumps out to me as a must try.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Had the Damaso and 1926 TAA, both are awesome. I am excited for most of the new stuff that was released at IPCPR. I am really looking forward to the new aging room bin no. 1 lancero which should be out in august I think?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'd like to try the Dunbarton Sobremesa and the Padron Damaso. I didn't care for the taste of the regular Undercrown so I don't think I would be interested in the Shade. I may pick up the Gueguense (SP?) if I see one.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i'll be interested in trying any of the new sticks introduced that might actually make it to store shelves before the end of the year. seems like every year we go through months of hype and then have to wait until i no longer care.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to try the Dunbarton Sobremesa and the Padron Damaso. I didn't care for the taste of the regular Undercrown so I don't think I would be interested in the Shade. I may pick up the Gueguense (SP?) if I see one.
Definitely try the UC Shade. It's a very flavorful, mid level spice Connecticut. Medium body compared to the very mild Padron Damaso.
Willy Herrera did the blend on these so it's more substantial than most CT wrapped cigars. It has the same artwork and sizes as the Undercrown and that's where the similarities end.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Definitely try the UC Shade. It's a very flavorful, mid level spice Connecticut. Medium body compared to the very mild Padron Damaso.
Willy Herrera did the blend on these so it's more substantial than most CT wrapped cigars. It has the same artwork and sizes as the Undercrown and that's where the similarities end.
Sounds interesting. I love the Herrera Esteli so I guess I will have to search one out.