What's new

What cigars are good that don't need aging?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of aging a cigar, however I'm impatient. I just want to smoke it. I know people always say that some cigars taste better after years of aging but there's no way I'm gonna wait that long.

Any examples of cigars that are good when "young". Young meaning recently purchased from the store. I'm not taking into consideration any aging done by the manufacturer. Just considering if I go to the cigar shop now...what can I buy that will taste good.

I personally love Cohibas. Love the Siglo II and IV. So if you have any other ideas please tell me

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Just about anything released in 2013 has been good young - HdM Ep 2, JL2, Monte 2, RASS... A lot of it depends on your own palate though. Some cigars are "good" fresh, but take on a whole different profile later on with age.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Just about anything released in 2013 has been good young - HdM Ep 2, JL2, Monte 2, RASS... A lot of it depends on your own palate though. Some cigars are "good" fresh, but take on a whole different profile later on with age.
Yes on both the quality of '13s, and the change that age will bring. Some of my current "fresh" favorites:

Partagas Presidentes
Quai D'Orsay Coronas
RASCC
Trinidad Reyes
H. Upmann Connie #1s
San Cristobol El Principes
San Luis Rey Regios

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update to this. I bought the Siglo VI. That thing was a beast. Maybe too much of a beast for me. I don't know if at this stage of my cigar life that I properly know how to enjoy a VI.

My favorite has to be the IV so far. I went from my usual smoke which is the Siglo II to the IV and it was awesome. I will however stay with the II as I don't like big and fat cigars too much. The VI took me about 2-3 hours to smoke. I like to go for more "manageable" cigars.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I think this question also depends on what humidity your local keep their humi's at. A cigar can taste like crap and burn poorly from one place but be perfect from another. Found this out the hard way. Wet smokes get hot fast, need to burn hotter (which = puffing on it more often and longer) to stay lit. I hate over humidified cigars...with a passion lol.

Some goodies out the gate; Herra Estelli, La Antiguidad (I think this one will be way better with some age on it though) really there's too many to list (like Ninja said)

A lot of the sticks have been sitting at your local for awhile unless it's a NR or Uber popular.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Yup. I would add the H. Upmann #2 and SLR Serie A to this group.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I find the Partagas D4's are great young if you like a spicy strong flavor profile but it seems many people prefer them with a few years on them.The RASS and Epi 2's I have from 2013 have both been excellent despite having less than a year of age on them.