What's new

What did you get for Christmas

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
The gf got me this!! I have 4 84% boveda packs and a gel jar in the bottom to season it. Then I have the arduous task of spending all my money to fill this thing lol

I've had this model. Make sure the seal is good! Mine wasn't and will become a watch case.

But she is def a keeper!!!
How did you test the seal?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The gf got me this!! I have 4 84% boveda packs and a gel jar in the bottom to season it. Then I have the arduous task of spending all my money to fill this thing lol

I've had this model. Make sure the seal is good! Mine wasn't and will become a watch case.

But she is def a keeper!!!
How did you test the seal?

The dollar bill test is where you place a dollar, half in and half out of the humidor and close the lid. Try to pull the bill out of the humidor. It should be very difficult if not impossible to pull out (without ripping the bill of course). You want to try this on the different sides of the humidor.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ok... That would suck if it doesnt work.

If it doesnt I wonder if they make a small enough power humidifier that can keep it at 65 regardless of seal. I cant see the seal being so terrible. Now I am nervous to test.

Edit: Just did some research and if needed Ill buy a cigar oasis for the thing.

Last edited:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Worst case you can probably get something at a hardware store to fix it. Something similar to what is used for door drags that has an adhesive is pretty cheap and an easy fix.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I got a 3 finger leather case from my brother, with the inscription "NUMBER ONE BROTHER SHARK". One of the best gifts I could ever get.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing as a cool as cabinet humidor, but I did get some tools, some cigars and some really nice accessories, with a few more on the way later that apparently were not in stock.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got a portable fish finder for my boat/kayak, and I also got a biolite kit which is pretty freaking cool, some Dunkins gift cards, a survival Strap and some other small gifts. Most importantly I got was to spend the day with my wife and kids.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Bottle of Pappy 20 yr from the wife. (Bought it myself but funny thing is she had feelers out on the ground for it lmao!) And a bottle of The Blavenie Caribbean cask and Double wood from my Funke SS!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Youll love that Master Forge Fitze! Great vertical smoker.. A buddy of mine had a similar one.. used to do some AWESOME birds on that thing..

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Youll love that Master Forge Fitze! Great vertical smoker.. A buddy of mine had a similar one.. used to do some AWESOME birds on that thing..
Nice, great to hear.

I'm headed over to Lowe's now. I heard a big problem with these is the seals are not great and a little weather stripping will make a huge difference.

All the reviews I read said this was a good smoker for the price point.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Our kids are 4 & 6 and this is the first year that they've really been aware of Christmas and Santa, so the majority of our gift budget went to making sure Santa wasn't seen as some miserly ass-hat.

However, my wife hates it when I smoke on our back patio because I usually just grab an old but clean cat food tin to use as an ashtray. She told her folks and they gave me a beautiful wooden cigar ashtray, an aluminum single-stick carrying case, and the book, Cigars for Dummies. My mother in law said the book was her idea while my father in law said the "For Dummies" was his suggestion (we've got a great relationship).

So Christmas was not devoid of cigar stuff entirely. Besides, I am blessed in having a wife who hates the "ashtray" I use to smoke cigars and not just that I smoke cigars.