What's new

What do you do with your cigar bands?

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
After doing a search, I found some similar threads but most of them are 5 or 6 years old so I figured I would ask again. What do you guys do with your bands? Chuck em? Save em? Put em in a journal? Crumple them up and throw them at your lady?

Personally, I bought a glass gallon jug and I toss them all in there. I figure it will look pretty cool when it's all full.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The glass jar is a cool easy idea. I was keeping them in a note book with notes on the cigars but got tired of keeping up with it. Then I started saving them for a possible creative project...and then I just tossed them all. Might do the glass jar thing or maybe some mason jars. Oh or maybe cover some mason jars and use them as glasses...oh what am I kidding ill keep throwing them away.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I used to save them all. I initially thought that it would be nice to do some sort of "art project" with them but one day came to the realization that I was probably never going to do anything with them because I am not a crafty sort of person and that they were just taking up space.

long story short...I pitch em.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've only been smoking cigars regularly for about 6 months, so I stuck all my 2015 bands in a tat taa2015 box. Figure that'll be easy to remember they're the 2015 bands. Plan on doing the same thing with 2016 bands.

However I tend to get tired of stuff like this at some point and more than likely pitch them all someday.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I keep the band from every new to me cigar I smoke with a note on the back saying if I liked it, loved it or hated it. Journal of sorts I guess in case I'm shopping one day and cant remember what I thought of a particular stick.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I keep mine in a giant jack daniels bottle. Its now full so I will grab the next giant alcohol bottle I empty and start over.
So far have modded a couple lighters and an ash tray. May do other things one day.