What's new

What Do You Drink When You Smoke?

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Water and coffee are my top two but I think Cappuccino's and other coffee's made with milk to be far superior to American Coffee. Milk naturaly cleanses the palate and washes away the nicotine that can build up in your mouth.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
ICED water mostly. A big 48 oz tumbler with a ton of ice. I like to crunch the ice. I also enjoy coffee, rum, bourbon, and scotch.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer a nice rum n coke or a glass of water, but it just depends on what cigar I'm enjoying... :cbig:

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i've only drank water (sometimes with ICE) when i smoke. ive been trying to concentrate on the tastes of the cigar and didn't want to corrupt that with the taste of something else.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a good question . . . especially the non-alcohol part. I gave up alcohol for Lent, so lately I've been doing coffee. But I actually went out and got some flavored creamers to put in. No sugar . . . just a hint of the various flavors, whichever tickle your fancy. Chocolate Raspberry was rockin' :cbig:

But . . . nothing beats a good beer thats for sure.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Usually Coke, Dr. Pepper, rum, water, coffee, or beer. I've burned myself out on Scotch. It has only been recently that I discovered how Dr. Pepper can really add to the flavor of a spicy cigar.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Lately Ive been put on to this "Black and Blue." I call them the "Chris Brown," so when Im at the CigarBar, I say..."Give me another Chris Brown my good man!!"

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Lately Ive been put on to this "Black and Blue." I call them the "Chris Brown," so when Im at the CigarBar, I say..."Give me another Chris Brown my good man!!"
only you bro!!!! That is so wrong:rolling: I myself like the old school mix of that drink, I think it is called the Ike Turner.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
for the last couple of nights Cuba Libre, con Coca Cola Dieta. make for a hellava session with wife once the bottle is gone. I'm liken this chit. see ya later...bottle's almost gone.:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::stretchgr

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Since I didn't want to be up all night tonight I had some Black Dog Decaf Sumatra coffee with my Padilla Series '68. They paired perfectly.

orsonwelles

inmenso
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like to drink anything when I smoke a cigar, I tend to concentrate on the cigar itself. I usually wait until I have time to fully relax and immerse myself in a cigar, rather than smoke while I do other things. Maybe one day I'll get a little more into wine, like I'd like to do...maybe then I'll try to pair wine with cigars. For right now, I really enjoy a cigar by itself. I guess I'm in the minority on that one.

Cigars deserve their own space, when they're good, but even loners enjoy a bit of company now and then. Dark beers do nicely, if you like them, with a hearty smoke, as they harbor a subtle sweetness.

But the ultimate classic complement to a good cigar is a nice glass of port. FICKLIN'S California port won't let you down, nor will myriad Portuguese editions. Easily acquired are: WARRE'S Warrior; COCKBURN'S (Pronounced CO-BURNS -- there may be ladies present); SANDEMAN; DOW'S; FONSECA (Yes, like the cigar -- I don't KNOW if they're related, but I suspect so)... The list goes on and on. "Tawny" or "Ruby" (these are basically color designations) and 10 year old offerings are very nice, while 20 year old (and older) are even nicer, but tend to be pricey. "Vintage Character" ports, like Warre's Warrior for instance, are good values and will get you there comfortably.

My experience with spirits, i.e., Cognac, Bourbon, Scotch, etc. is that they usually overwhelm the palate leaving it numb and dry, tending to kill the taste of your cigar. Port, on the other hand, soothes the palate and leaves a slight sweetness, which will complement and round out the flavors of most good cigars.

Dry red wine, stick with a steak. Dry white, filet of sole, get the idea?

IMHO

Sorry to be so wordy, but take heed. I do know whereof I speak. :yes: