What's new

What do you shoot with?

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Last year we had 2 Snowy's that were in a cool area to shoot. Lots of good shots and was able to have a 4 owls day. A Snowy, Great Grey, Saw-Whet and a Northern Hawk owl. This year I was able to have a 4 Great Grey owl day. I live about 30 min. from the Sax-Zim bog and it has all sorts of cool subjects to shoot.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Some great photos guys. Last camera I bought it was a D600. My wife went to school for photography and still works with it on the side so I was using all her glass. Now I'm 99% iPhone . To be honest I shoot mostly climbing and skiing stuff hauling the big gear out isn't worth it. Now if I was shooting for prints or cash no question I would. This was Friday with the iPhone

And a few weeks ago

Last edited:

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Holy Crap there is no way I would be climbing that stuff let alone hauling any of my camera equipment!!!
A great smaller camera is the Canon G series and I know a lot of people like the smaller Pentax as well. Your photos from your Iphone look great its just the heights that bother me or I should say the sudden stop if I fall.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I have a G12 that I got just for this stuff but I've only taken it out maybe 2 times. My old alph was great still small enough to fit in my pocket under my harness. As with everything I thought I needed bigger and better so I went with the G12 and now it sits at home. The falls if they happen actually are nice and soft when the rope catches you like it should. After 25+ years of climbing falling still is a rush.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I previously photographed with a Canon Rebel XS and just upgraded to a Canon t5i for Christmas this past year. I use an 18-200mm lens but also have a 18-55 kit lens, 70-300mm, 50mm, opteka adapter fisheye lens and I'm probably forgetting one. My go to is my 18-200 which never really leaves my camera. Been into photography since early 2000's where it really hit me it's something I'd enjoy doing. But growing up as a child I always had a camera even back to the 110 film days!

Being a volunteer firefighter, I have a little side hobby which turned to hobby/freelance job with 4 friends of mine in which we photograph emergency scenes here on Long Island. The link to our website is www.LNBN.smugmug.com. There are no faces of any of the victims involved in any of the scenes as I do get that question a lot. None ever get published. I've witnessed pretty much everything with this photography as you'll see in these pictures. In fact, I'll try to post a picture or two I got from my camera on my phone to show you guys.

I could sit back with all of you and tell you about some of the scenes I've been on and what I've seen for hours on end. Of course with endless amounts of cigars and plenty of fine drinks.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Besides my cell phone, I shoot with a Nikon D40 with a 50mm auto focus lens. This is perfect taking photos of my favorite subjects, my family. Its a great portrait lens and fast enough to capture my son and dog who move non-stop.