What's new

What do you think of my temp/ rh levels?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just a heads up. If you take other's advice about talking the GF into allowing you to buy a cigar cooler for the bedroom you should probably go the wine cooler/romance route. You know "a glass of wine while we cuddle" stuff. Don't even mention sneaking cigars into it.
The man makes a point. Truth be told though, even though I boldly bought mine with no pretense of it being for anything other than cigars...it is now halfway full with my wife's favorite Pinot Noirs.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So it’s too much to explain but we don’t exactly control the temperature. The bedroom which is where my tup is is actually the warmest room in the house but I didn’t think It would be a problem until I saw the readings today so I think my plan is changing the room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is a window a/c unit an option in your building?
I live in a twin (built in 1940) with no a/c here in Philly. There is minimal insulation, if any, in the walls.
Without window units, the rooms can get upwards of 85°, sometimes higher.
With window units the rooms are set to 72°, which is fine for us.
However, to get to an optimal temp for cigars I had to set the a/c to around 69° or 68°. That made the room way too cold for me.
My solution was to move the cigars to my basement. No issues there.
I’m assuming you do not have a basement, so if you could use a window unit that may help.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is a window a/c unit an option in your building?
I live in a twin (built in 1940) with no a/c here in Philly. There is minimal insulation, if any, in the walls.
Without window units, the rooms can get upwards of 85°, sometimes higher.
With window units the rooms are set to 72°, which is fine for us.
However, to get to an optimal temp for cigars I had to set the a/c to around 69° or 68°. That made the room way too cold for me.
My solution was to move the cigars to my basement. No issues there.
I’m assuming you do not have a basement, so if you could use a window unit that may help.
I’ll have to run a window unit by my landlord. As of right now I have moved my tup to a different room and I’m waiting to see when I get home from work if that has made a large difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Using this thread to ask a question about a "lesser of two evils situation" relating to temperature. I'm currently working on figuring out a cooler situation that will fit my tupperdor in it but in the meantime,

My storage unit, which is in my building's garage and is deep within concrete walls, is currently holding at 75.4 degrees on the money, hasn't changed at all in a couple days. Over the past two weeks, my tupperdor in my apartment has clocked between 68-78 with an average of 74.5

During the day, me and my girlfriend are out, and sometimes the blinds will be left open and the temp will spike.

So which is better? Slightly higher temp (75.4) but steady, or a slightly lower average temp, but with daily fluctuation of 8 or so degrees, and the potential to spike?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Using this thread to ask a question about a "lesser of two evils situation" relating to temperature. I'm currently working on figuring out a cooler situation that will fit my tupperdor in it but in the meantime,

My storage unit, which is in my building's garage and is deep within concrete walls, is currently holding at 75.4 degrees on the money, hasn't changed at all in a couple days. Over the past two weeks, my tupperdor in my apartment has clocked between 68-78 with an average of 74.5

During the day, me and my girlfriend are out, and sometimes the blinds will be left open and the temp will spike.

So which is better? Slightly higher temp (75.4) but steady, or a slightly lower average temp, but with daily fluctuation of 8 or so degrees, and the potential to spike?
A constant slightly warmer temp is better than having it bounce around IMO