What's new

What Does Everyone do for Holiday Decorating?

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Well, It is just about that time of the year. That time in which we go to the humidor and grab a smoke, get some of our warmest clothes on, and trek outside to decorate our houses for the holidays. I bought my first house in June of 2007 so last Christmas I was pretty excited about decorating my own house for the first time. So I went a little overboard and 8000 lights later I was happy with my work. This year however I think I might be going a little bit past overboard. I bought all the stuff to make my lights synchronize to music and doubled the lights. Am I crazy, that just might be, but I actually like going all out and decorating my house. Is anyone else like this, or am I the only one?

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm more into a simple yule tree with red spheres and candles. But I have fun watching houses like yers!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
After hitting the beach in the morning and then a cup of coffee on the patio, time to install the lights. Tee shirt weather here. Show pictures when I get them up AFTER Thanksgiving.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Tradition, wife goes out at 5AM on black Friday to catch the deals (amazing how much she has to spend to save me $100) and I hang the lights on the outside of the house.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Ducky sounds like Clark Grizwald. I myself get all the crap out of my storage shed and leave it for the wife and kids to decorate. I will be hunting deer. Not to sound like a complete a-hole, I put up the two big yard inflatables of mickey and pooh because they are a little heavy for the misses to be fooling with.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Turkey day weekend we put up our lights. Hang old school large colored glass bulbs all along the front edging of the house. Hang large 3d snow flakes on the fence. White and red colored lights on the porch columns. Small trees on one side of the front yard and a huge snow flake on the other side. I might add a little more this year not sure yet. On the inside we might put up a tree, it all depends on our mood.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, It is just about that time of the year. That time in which we go to the humidor and grab a smoke, get some of our warmest clothes on, and trek outside to decorate our houses for the holidays. I bought my first house in June of 2007 so last Christmas I was pretty excited about decorating my own house for the first time. So I went a little overboard and 8000 lights later I was happy with my work. This year however I think I might be going a little bit past overboard. I bought all the stuff to make my lights synchronize to music and doubled the lights. Am I crazy, that just might be, but I actually like going all out and decorating my house. Is anyone else like this, or am I the only one?
Dude, we so get over exited here too with Christmas lights. I mean, Moro knows that my house is pretty big and we decorate the whole house with lights and when it's night we go out side and look how pretty the house looks. I think it's when our house look's at it's best. Oh! and then the inside of the house!!... Man! We put the chimney's on to keep the house nice and cozy, we put great natural incense so it smells like pine all over the house and well, our Christmas tree? forget 'bout, my mom, sister and i are so in charge of that, because we don't decorate it with stupid things and make it over decorated, we always choose the right colors and shapes so that it won't be off, we always want it to be pleasant for the eye.

So yeah, your not the only one. Hehehehehe.:stretchgr

I am sure that when we all have our house decorated we will upload pic's. Hmmm, nice.

Let's not forget to post what we will be eating for Thanks giving day!

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Normally I have always waited until Thanksgiving weekend, but this year, I wanted to get an early start because it is going to be more involved. Also I thought that since the past couple of weeks here in Pittsburgh have been so nice, like in the 70's, maybe I wouldn't freeze my Arse off. I don't have the pleasure of going to the beach in the morning like some, boy do I miss living in So Cal! And yes it is sorta like Clark Griswald, in fact my wife and most of my family have called me that once or twice. I will post pics when it is all up and ready to go and possibly a video! Oh yea, and it figures, as soon as I drag the lights out and start to test them, what happens, THE FREAKIN TEMPERATURE DROPS IN THE 30's, LUCKY ME! But it's going to be so cool!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Dude, I want to see pictures and/or a youtube video!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Normally I have always waited until Thanksgiving weekend, but this year, I wanted to get an early start because it is going to be more involved. Also I thought that since the past couple of weeks here in Pittsburgh have been so nice, like in the 70's, maybe I wouldn't freeze my Arse off. I don't have the pleasure of going to the beach in the morning like some, boy do I miss living in So Cal! And yes it is sorta like Clark Griswald, in fact my wife and most of my family have called me that once or twice. I will post pics when it is all up and ready to go and possibly a video! Oh yea, and it figures, as soon as I drag the lights out and start to test them, what happens, THE FREAKIN TEMPERATURE DROPS IN THE 30's, LUCKY ME! But it's going to be so cool!
I remember those days in Michigan. There was amny times standing in two feet of snow I weished I had done it earlier.

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Yep, There have been many times, I have stood in the snow putting up lights, and no matter how cold it is or how much I complain, I think that is one of the things I love to hate. It almost puts me into the mood of the holidays. I will definitely post some pics and try to get a video or two posted online.

Famous-Smoke

Famous-Smoke
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too enjoy decorating my house for the holidays. I start decorating Thanksgiving morning with the tree and work my way to the lights outside. I prefer the white icicle lights for the outline of the house, single white candles in each window and some white lights on the bushes/shrubs.

Happy Decorating!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have a framed christmas tree that my grandmother made in the 50s with costume jewelry, fake pearls outline the tree shape, earrings and pins make up the decorations. little christmas lights go through some holes in the black background.

So, I hang that up in the living room, move the beer bottles off the coffee table, and put some christmas tunes on. Someday, I'll have a house- and I'll probably go Christmas Vacation it.

Rating - 0%
0   1   0
When I was living in the barracks when I was in the military, my room mate and I got a small artificial tree. We decorated it with the empty beer bottles we had to spare! It sure was a sight, especially when they came to inspect our room, everyone loved it!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I got ours put up last weekend.

Played it smart this year and put the lights up in 50 degreee weather instead of 30 degrees or less. The garland can go on later.

No, I do not turn them on yet. That pic is from last year.