What's new

What got you into the cigar rolling hobby? and Why roll your own?

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Today is my birthday and this is probably one of the best presents I'm going to get!

I got started rolling because I have a major diy addiction. I brew my own beer, I roast my own coffee, I make my own sausage, and I build ar15s. Not so much to save money, but I have particular taste and if I want something a certain way it usually comes out best when I do it myself. On a homebrewing forum I'm on there was a cigar thread and a guy there started rolling his own so naturally I had to give it a try. Like any other hobby I get involved in, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing and now I'm working on transitioning from a home-roller to going pro because I have a huge passion for it and unless everyone has been lying to me, I've gotten pretty decent at blending and with the help of a gentleman from Cuba who has mentored me, my rolling skills have greatly improved from where I started.
You mean moving is the best gift you have right now... :sneaky:

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Today is my birthday and this is probably one of the best presents I'm going to get!

I got started rolling because I have a major diy addiction. I brew my own beer, I roast my own coffee, I make my own sausage, and I build ar15s. Not so much to save money, but I have particular taste and if I want something a certain way it usually comes out best when I do it myself. On a homebrewing forum I'm on there was a cigar thread and a guy there started rolling his own so naturally I had to give it a try. Like any other hobby I get involved in, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing and now I'm working on transitioning from a home-roller to going pro because I have a huge passion for it and unless everyone has been lying to me, I've gotten pretty decent at blending and with the help of a gentleman from Cuba who has mentored me, my rolling skills have greatly improved from where I started.
Happy Birthday!! (late)