What's new

"What Happens in Vegas" (Crowned Heads / Post-IPCPR Recap

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BOTL - It's been some time since I've posted here on the forum (have you missed me?--LOL!)...

Hey, if you wanna waste 5 minutes of your day, check out the post-IPCPR blog I recently wrote upon returning from the IPCPR show in Vegas last month:

http://www.crownedheads.com/what-happens-in-vegas-ipcpr-recap/

Feel free to post a comment on there, as well--always welcome everyone's feedback. Hope some of you have had the opportunity to smoke J.D. Howard Reserve by now.

Cheers.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Thanks for posting Jon. I picked up a JD Howard Lonsdale last night and can't wait to give it a try this weekend. The band alone is beautiful. I use to do a lot of pinstiping and maroon and cream was always my favorite color combination to use.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for checkin out the blog...

Skullnbones - Nice choice...I just now fired up a JDHR HR46 myself.

Agentskull - Good catch on the 'future projects'...speaking of which, I'm headed back down to the factory this month to continue working on something for later this year, as well as a few things I've got lined up for 2014...stay tuned!

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Vegas is like dog years: each single day takes 7 off of your life span."

hahahahaha! ain't THAT the truth.

sounds like you had a great time mixed in with some "eh, i could do without that in my life" moments. hahahaha

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
jabuan - Yeah...you got that right, brotha....I'm just a 'family man' in the cigar business--I don't have much use for gambling or partying, so Vegas doesn't have much use for me.

That said, what I do enjoy about the annual IPCPR show is seeing my friends and colleagues in the business--they're like my 'extended' family.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Really just started smoking your sticks and have enjoyed the ones I have had so far. Bought two of the JD Howards this past weekend and smoked the 50. Need to find the Lonsdale now. Love the band on these sticks too!!! Also, when do the 6 shooters start shipping to retailers? Didnt see them this weekend.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Yeah, 6 days in Vegas and I was ready to get home. Sucked leaving early as I didn't get by the CH booth this year. But luckily Scott, Chad and gang brought me back a couple samples of the J. D. Howard Reserve HR50, and it was fucking great!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Loved your wrap up Jon, great stuff and keep em coming.

So, while on the topic...is there anyway of getting into the show other than being a producer or retailer?
Also some media outlets (blogs/reviewers), the ideas of having a consumer day has been tossed around but always pushed aside.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for the wrap-up and congratulations on what you guys have achieved. Your Headley Grange has become a staple in my humidor and after smoking my first JD Howard yesterday, I'll be picking up a box.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Guarantee - The Crowned Heads 6-Shooter samplers will begin shipping to retailers later this month.

bigbwalls - Appreciate the kind words and support! Sometimes I gotta 'remind' myself that we've only been shipping product for 21 months now--and in that time we've grown from 60 stores to over 400, and landed a cigar (Headley Grange) in CA's "Top 25 Cigars of 2012"...has been quite a 'ride' so far.

Cheers.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
SmokeAndMirrors - Thanks...but trying not to drink our own Kool-Aid (lol)....

I read somewhere where it took Pete (Johnson) 10 years to become an "overnight success"--and I can relate. Heck, right now I'd be happy to be at a place with the business where I could afford to repair the A/C in my car! Not to mention the driver's side power window that don't roll down either.....LOL

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads