What's new

What have you been drinking lately?

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
beer and beer only. i tend to get stupid with the hard stuff.
lately its been Blue Moon. a wheat beer with a hint of citrus. very tasty with an orange slice.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't drink bourbon or real rye whiskey due to a taste aversion from the side effects of an over-indulgence back in college (almost 40 years ago!). I generally drink Sapphire or Boodle's martinis (without vermouth, so it's really chilled gin) or any variety of Bushmill's with water and no ice. Also, premium vodka martinis (Absolut, Grey Goose, etc.) will work fine for me. I used to drink a lot of Scotch, but somehow over the years Irish has tended to take its place.

For a change of pace, I also like some of the amber rums, particularly Appleton's from Jamaica, with water and no ice.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Been drinking alot of wine lately.

Had some good pairings of melbacs and cabs with drier, cedary cigars.

Plus a flask of my old standby, Oban, for a couple of the football games.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beer-wise, I've mostly been working on the last of the Alaskan Brewing Company's Summer Ale that I have on hand. However, it's that time of year...time for their Winter Ale. Love the stuff.

On the wine front, I'm waiting on shipment of my latest selection from Chateau Ste. Michelle's Vintage Reserve Club. Of the fall selections, the 2003 Canoe Ridge Estate Syrah was nice but suffered by comparison to the 2005 Horse Heaven Vineyard Chenin Blanc. I've also been eyeballing our lone bottle of 1993 Late Harvest Semillon from a hole-in-the-wall Washington winery, Blackwood Canyon Vintners, which will be one of our holiday treats. Of course, with this being the holiday season, we also we occasionally like to have a hot cup of Glühwein.

Speaking of Christmas "spirits", I'm still nursing the last quarter of a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and I'm halfway through a bottle of Bowmore 12. On the recommendation of a co-worker, I'm getting my feet wet in bourbon with a newly-opened bottle of Maker's Mark. I never had the taste for bourbon before but I must say, this is pleasant stuff.

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I been stickin to the go-to's for beer, Yuengling Porter, Moretti La Rossa (doppio malto) and Spatten Optimator. Oh and Milwaukee's BEAST in the chili and brats!

As for heavier things I picked up this gift set at the class 6 for $27
I like it alot better than my :bangbang: Famous Grouse:tazerblas :

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Here as of late, I been drinking Cognac (Hennessy VSOP) or Remy Martin when I have too ....:bottle:
Man that stuff is sooooooooo smooth, and great with a cigar ....:tonguerol