What's new

What humidity do you like?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Always find it interesting to see the vast array of humidity differences dudes like to keep their humi's. Some like it high at or above 70 and some prefer theirs in the 50's. Some have different humidities for different sticks.

I'm a 60%RH guy myself. And that's for NC and CC. Just like the way they smoke when around that percentage.

What do you guys like your sticks at?

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I try to stay at 65% or lower. Never had the humi spend any time that low. But any higher and they don't smoke well for me

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Currently at 66 and smoking well....I used to keep it around 68...I think I'm subconsciously working my way to 65 or dare I say lower? ...but as long as the smoke well I think I'll continue to drop my rh

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I used to keep them at 70% (like the "experts" recommend) but found that I was having too many burn issues. Now I prefer to keep my sticks in the 63-65% range. They just seem to just smoke better that way.

I have one cooler that I am using for long term aging and I keep that at 67%. I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do but I read somewhere once (maybe here?) that it was better to age sticks at a little higher RH.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I try to stay around 68 on the top of my humidor, which seems to mean around 66 on the bottom.

Is it just me that has rh variation through the box?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine is steady at 66. With maduro wrappers, I've noticed more re-lights needed... Maybe I need to go a bit lower? I have no burn issues with lighter wrappers.

Or dry box? Is this just a matter of sticking a cigar in a sealed Tupperware container? Or an empty cigar box? A few hours, a few days? Oh, the endless questions!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Or dry box? Is this just a matter of sticking a cigar in a sealed Tupperware container? Or an empty cigar box? A few hours, a few days? Oh, the endless questions!
Dry boxing is essentially putting a cigar in a dry empty box. When I do it I usually leave it for like 4 or 5 days. Or instead of dry boxing ya could just put it in the fridge or freezer for like 20-30 minutes. That does a pretty good job too!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dry boxing is essentially putting a cigar in a dry empty box. When I do it I usually leave it for like 4 or 5 days. Or instead of dry boxing ya could just put it in the fridge or freezer for like 20-30 minutes. That does a pretty good job too!
Thanks, much appreciated! I'll have to try the freezer method, since I usually decide to smoke when the mood hits me & I get the time.. I don't really plan on it.