What's new

What humidity do you like?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Everyone is giving very precise answers to the RH levels they keep but the numbers are very dependent on temperature. I guess we can assume that these values are all at 70 degrees but if not, then we cannot directly compare cigars. If I keep my cigars at 65% RH at 70 degrees and you keep yours at 65% RH at 65 degrees then they will smoke differently because they have different amounts of moisture in them.

( At least I think that this is the way it works )

Bruce.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Sounds like I need to try and lower mine a bit. Mine normally sits around 67-68. I have been having a couple with burn issues.
Maybe get a small Tupperware container to use as a second humidor and keep that at 63-65%, put a few sticks that you've had burn issues with in there and see if that fixes the issue before altering the rH for your entire humidor?

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sounds like I need to try and lower mine a bit. Mine normally sits around 67-68. I have been having a couple with burn issues.
Maybe get a small Tupperware container to use as a second humidor and keep that at 63-65%, put a few sticks that you've had burn issues with in there and see if that fixes the issue before altering the rH for your entire humidor?
Good suggestion. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My wineador jumps around from 63-66RH and that's typically where I like my stogies to be. Even better after 1-2 days of dry boxing. Any higher, I find to taste bitter and sour from being over humidified.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine sticks at 65% when the temp is at 69-70. I had it up around 70% and had burn issues (getting hard spots) so I took out some of my KL to drop it some, and things have been burning much better since.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Everyone is giving very precise answers to the RH levels they keep but the numbers are very dependent on temperature. I guess we can assume that these values are all at 70 degrees but if not, then we cannot directly compare cigars. If I keep my cigars at 65% RH at 70 degrees and you keep yours at 65% RH at 65 degrees then they will smoke differently because they have different amounts of moisture in them.

( At least I think that this is the way it works )

Bruce.
Science is way to complicated for me lol