What's new

What Humidity for flavored/infused cigars? What’s your preference?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a NEEDONE Electronic Humidor (300 Capacity) that I plan to keep at 65% RH @ 68 degrees. I also picked up two Rubbermaid Brilliance acrylic containers that I plan to keep at 69% RH inside the electric humidor.
So that means I have the opportunity to experience both 65% & 69% RH @ 68F.
I read some people like to keep certain wrappers at different humidity levels so I plan to do:
Connecticut @ 69% RH.
Dark wrappers @ 65% RH.

But I’m not sure what to do about flavored/infused cigars. Should I also follow the rule if it’s a lighter wrapper it needs more RH, so keep it in the 69% container?

I got Nub nuance, Drew Estate Java, and Tabak Especial infused cigars. What Humidity level do you keep your infused cigars?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In my experience the 69 / 65 / 62 discussion is either about Cubans or where you live or if you have burn problems. I don't think I've ever heard a connie/maduro discussions but I can see how the thinner wrapper on the connie (because they can be prone to have cracking problems) vs the heavier maduro wrapper could be relevant. General concensus seems to be pick a humidity see if you like the smoke if not then change it. All palates, humidors and locations are different so I'm not sure if there are any hard and fast rules. Remember if you store a bit high you can always dry box for a couple of weeks.

I store NCs at 65 and Cubans at 62 then dry box everything to smoke at 62 but I live in the swamp and my cigars will smoke wet if I'm not careful.

Infused? Rule: "Keep them seperated from your other cigars" I'm interested to know if anyone on the forum smokes enough infused cigars to be able to offer a humidity opinion. Instinct tells me to keep them a bit damper then your other cigars but it's just a guess.

Welcome to the forum

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" follow the rule if it’s a lighter wrapper it needs more RH "

where did you encounter this "rule " of yours ?

are you equating "lighter" with color or body ?

sounds like some one is rewriting the book on care and storage of cigars..........TwitFace, Maybe ??:bored: