What's new

What is going on with my humidity levels.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a large order 7 boxes and 2 bundles and so I allowed my humidor to fall to 65% humidity because in the past large orders have taxed my beads ablity to keep to a 69% humidity level. Yesterday i removed the empty boxes and filled the trays and loaded up the new boxes and 3 hours later my humidity was at 59% I loaded up my sponges with RO water and I'm at 62% 24 hours later. At this rate I should hit 65% by this weekend. Every order I've received in the last 10 years has spiked my humidors, now with my bigger cabinet is hasn't been that much of an issue, but this box of dry sticks is making me resort to smoking turbos for the next several days.v

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So you added 150 dry cigars to a humidor and the question is why did the humidity drop? Cigars are little sponges and probably have a greater affect on your humidity levels then all the shelves, beads and what not in the humidor. That's a lot of cigars. Did you order from a vendor you are familiar with, did they ship with a humi-pack and how long where they in transit? I'm on my third bourbon so I'm just guessing. It may have helped to keep the old boxes in there. Their properly humidified mass would have helped.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humidor is up to 63%, is it just me or have mail order cigars been much moister than this shipment, and for point of reference, my humidor has 4 shelves of three trays each, 3 shelves of 4 boxes each and another 8 to 10 boxes on the bottom shelf, so 120 cigars is less than 33% of the load. I've just never had a shipment that was as bone dry as this one.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Humidor is up to 63%, is it just me or have mail order cigars been much moister than this shipment, and for point of reference, my humidor has 4 shelves of three trays each, 3 shelves of 4 boxes each and another 8 to 10 boxes on the bottom shelf, so 120 cigars is less than 33% of the load. I've just never had a shipment that was as bone dry as this one.
I have a much smaller cabinet version of what you’re describing and mine tends to drop initially as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Things are tough out there for manufacturers, distributors and stores. Product is going out as fast as it comes in bypassing the usual rest time for most manf. I would say you just got a dry batch. No harm no foul if you bring them back slowly. Most of the product we are getting in is abnormally dry.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Sounds like rh coming back up slowly and will stabilize. If just monitor your rh and temps and you should be fine. Also maybe let those new cigars rest a little longer than normal