What's new

What is in this Drew estate cigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So I cut the end of this Cold Infusion that lipher sent me and saw something shiny sticking out. Looked like a persons grey hair at first. So I was like "I'm not smoking that. Let's cut this mofo open." It appears to be some kind of small nylon/plastic like thread. Any ideas?

After I pulled it out.

While I was cutting it out

It's in the bottom of the cigar in this photo. My phone kinda sucks for macro.

Another cap shot
its the little white thing

Couple more cap shots

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hit with my lighter and that's what it turned into. Yup. That's some kind if man made stuff lol.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Thats is what makes the DE cigars smoke like full blown chimneys!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Tobacco is commonly "bricked" in white plastic, more than likely it somehow made it's way in to your cigar. Not a common issue, but it happens. I've seen the colored plastic used to distinguish seco, viso and ligero make it's way in to a cigar before too.

I would just put it out of the cigar, chalk it up to being a handmade product and keep it movin'.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Tobacco is commonly "bricked" in white plastic, more than likely it somehow made it's way in to your cigar. Not a common issue, but it happens. I've seen the colored plastic used to distinguish seco, viso and ligero make it's way in to a cigar before too.

I would just put it out of the cigar, chalk it up to being a handmade product and keep it movin'.
Exactly what I did. I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything. It just made me curious after finding it as to what the heck it is lol. I'm kind of a geek like that. I get really interested when I find odd things in places they don't belong. (That last sentence doesn't sound right to me)

Last edited:

FuenteSmoker

Il n'y a pas de fumée san
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
That's crazy!! I've pulled out a strand that looked exactly like that but it was orange. Twice..... Once out of a papas fritas and once out of a liga 9 robusto.i found them like you after cutting it. I pulled it out like a string . I lit the end of it and it smelled like burning plastic......not good. Maybe it was used to bind some bunches of leaves durning sorting?? I don't know. I was surprised with the fritas but figured it was a once in a life find on a short filler gar. Then a few months later the exact same thing out of a Liga 9.....crazy stuff.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That's crazy!! I've pulled out a strand that looked exactly like that but it was orange. Twice..... Once out of a papas fritas and once out of a liga 9 robusto.i found them like you after cutting it. I pulled it out like a string . I lit the end of it and it smelled like burning plastic......not good. Maybe it was used to bind some bunches of leaves durning sorting?? I don't know. I was surprised with the fritas but figured it was a once in a life find on a short filler gar. Then a few months later the exact same thing out of a Liga 9.....crazy stuff.
Makes you wonder if it's ever been in the middle of a cigar and we smoked it lol.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So this has been found in 3 different DE cigars? I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but it certainly is interesting.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So this has been found in 3 different DE cigars? I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but it certainly is interesting.
Actually I posted a pic in IG, but took it down cause a friend pointed out that that is kinda putting DE on blast in a bad way. But before I took it down I got a comment from an IG follower saying that he had the same thing in a no.9 as well.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Seeing the way JD has been in the past, he either has seen this already or will see it. My guess is he'll address it. And we all know what kinda stand up guy he is.
Even if he doesn't address it. He IS a stand up guy. Stuff like this happens. It's a huge company. There is bound to be errors. These are hand rolled by humans. And humans by nature make mistakes. It happens. Not a big deal. Although I am still curious to know what exactly it is lol.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Seeing the way JD has been in the past, he either has seen this already or will see it. My guess is he'll address it. And we all know what kinda stand up guy he is.
Even if he doesn't address it. He IS a stand up guy. Stuff like this happens. It's a huge company. There is bound to be errors. These are hand rolled by humans. And humans by nature make mistakes. It happens. Not a big deal. Although I am still curious to know what exactly it is lol.
you saved my life bro, thank god you love infused cigars.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
you saved my life bro, thank god you love infused cigars.
(-.-) I don't like where this is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.