What's new

What is smoking well?

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
What do you think is smoking well right now?

Thought this might be a fun, informative, ongoing thread where you can post up your opinions on which cigars you have been aging are now smoking well at the moment.

I'll cut and paste my "mini review" of an ELO3 that I smoked recently:

This is from the last batch allocated to Dan, FYI, and this is more of a mini-review/ status report than a full fledged review...

Gorgeous, slightly oily wrapper with a beautiful cap. Great draw, nice aroma.
Profile is not overly complex, but very tasty....Oak, espresso, and spicy earth.

Needed to correct some tunneling issues, but nothing too bad.

I'd say that these have really rounded out and settled down compared to the edginess noted When released in March.

Nice and tasty....Smoking well right now

Last edited:

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I had a Barclay Rex yesterday...Still a very consistent smoke.
Enjoyable, steady, unchanging flavor profile that is very tasty....Core tobacco, earthiness, and a bit of pepper.
Still just a bit of an edge, tho...The size of these cigars will allow them to age well, as many Tats do. I think these will be just stellar in a year.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'll go with my obvious, the OR Cojonu 2009. Just phenominal right now. As close to a Padron Anny as you can get imho.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Agree on the T52 Flying Pig - these settled down and smoothed out after just a few months

Also (surprisingly since I wasn't a fan a year ago) - the Tatuaje Anarchy

Had and reviews the Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Corona Extra (about 6 years old) the other day < phenomenal

Recently came across some 7 year old Ashton Heritage Puro de Sol Churchill's which are smoking incredible

Lastly, I thought the Oliva V Maduro Especial (2010) is smoking much better than a year ago

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Illusione mk from '08. The last few of these I've managed to hold onto have been phenomenal. Now I just need to try and track some more down.
-Dude

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I posted this in the Viaje group this week....

Last night (pic in Totays smoke - 2011 thread) I had a VOR and I have to say they are coming into their own. Smoking better and better, amazing what a little time will do.

The burn was flawless and smoked like a champ down to the nub. Great flavors and never got hot.

When I first got these I had the occasional burn problem and they were just so wet.

Just thought I'd share my experience

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
T52 from a year ago, padron 2000 with a little over a year and DPG Series JJ Maduro with a few years on it ( according to 7). All are smoking great right now.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
well... I had these sitting for awhile and can't believe how good they are now - La Riqueza # 5 / Petit Corona. Amazingly, I'm finding some with age still on B&M shelves and if I know the source, been picking up more. Maybe this cigar is coming to mind since I smoked one this morning... but I could have said that the last 5 mornings.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
had a san lotano connecticut robo that i pulled for a yard gar, while working on a garage project. totally surprised! perfect burn, nice spicy subtext going on behind the usual ec/ conn wrapper, it went from a burner to a nub. o) year plus on these made them sexy! (or i forgot how they rolled to begin with!).

it's little finds like these that help me keep my hands off my anejos!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Bolivar Belicoso Finos 2005, HdM Empicure No.2 2006, Partagas D4 2006, Cojonus 2009, HdM Hoyo du Gourmet 2003 and RyJ Petite Piramedes 2005 are smoking really well these days.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I second The Face! < smoking fantastic

Also one I forgot Padilla Signature 1932's from 2008 < smoked two boxes of these in the last few months and wishing I had more

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I bought a couple of Illusione samplers from Dan @NHC a couple of years ago and wasn't impressed but after their nap, they great!:thumbsup: