What's new

What is the Fuente King B??

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've seen and read some articles about the king B. But what exactly is it? Is it a relation to the Opus X, or to the Anejo? What is it's make up? and most of all How the hell does it taste?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Grasshopper ... Here is the answer you seek ( from vitolas.net ):

LINK

Cigar name: King B
Vitola: 6" x 55
Wrapper: Ecuadorian "cloud-grown" rosado
Binder: ?? unknown
Filler: Chateau Fuente blend
Released: late 2005
Quantity: limited
Rarity: 1/10
MSRP: $6.75 per cigar, $121.50 per box of 18 cigars

MSRP does not include state sales tax, nor state tobacco tax, the latter of which can be quite significant.

Notes: Announced at RTDA 2005, the Fuente "King B" comes in boxes of 18, and similar in size to the Fuente Sun Grown Cuban Belicoso, but a bit longer and fatter.

Despite sporting a black ribbon on the foot that usually indicates a sun grown wrapper, the King B sports an Ecuadorian sun grown Rosado wrapper from the Oliva family (jokingly referred to as "cloud grown" because of the altitude they are grown at).

This cigar was first released in late 2005, and will be a regular release cigar, with availability on par with the Flor Fina 858 Sun Growns. The filler is believed to be the same blend as the Chateau Fuente line of cigars.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Oh Honorable one, Where might I get my hands on a couple of of them. I like rosado wroppers. Please enlighten me...

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Donk, my local almost always has them, and at msrp

if you wanna work out a sale I can get some for you (assuming they're in stock). but otherwise I'm broke at the moment

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Sure, next time you're there check out the price and how many they have. We can work out something.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I've had a few. I really like them, but I almost always have burn problems. Tasty stick, tho. Whenever I'm in the local B&M and I see some I pick one or two up.

TYLER

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I've smoked a couple of King Bs, but honestly they just didn't do much for me. Digging out my tasting notes from when I smoked one....

- Oaky, cedary aroma
- First third: spicy, touch of sweetness, nice woodsy flavor
- Second third: spicyness disappeared, sweet & nutty flavors dominate
- Last third: sweetness mellows, woodsy/oaky flavors are prominent
- Ash was yellow-gray, held on for about half the cigar!
- Definate nicotine buzz from this one
- Pleasant, but average cigar. Similar to a Chateau natural, but with a bit more pronounced woodsy flavors.

:smokingbo

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I picked up a box from an online source in TB a couple of weeks ago for $120 delivered. Have not tried them yet as I have found that almost all AF need to sit and rest for a while before they come to life...at least for my liking!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I smoked one several days ago. I thought it was a very medium bodied and mellow flavored smoke; typical Fuente.

Nothing spectacular but very enjoyable with several cups of coffee while reading the paper.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was @ my B&M yesterday and as I was 1/2 way into a Punch Rothschlid the ups man delivered a box of sungrown King B's. I snatched a few up @ $6.75. They were rated in CA in Dec 2006 at a 88. vperman I am going to take your advice and put these to sleep for awhile as the one I had prior was no better than the regular chateau series. JMHO

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Bradmc is always smoking these. Always seems to enjoy them. Never tried one myself.