What's new

What is the rarest cigar you were gifted? (By non cigar industry people)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After making my recent move I decided to go through some of my rare single cigars and came up with my top 3 cigars that were gifted to be (not by cigar company owners or reps)

Padron millennium Maduro - was always a dream of mine to get one but haven’t smoked it yet because I was told it’s likely way past its prime lol. Will still smoke when my published book arrives in June lol

Trinidad original cigar by Fuente by a dear family friend who has since passed away. He was a mentor to me for cigars when I first turned 18. Don’t know if I will end up smoking this because of the meaning of it to me

X by Erik Espinosa and Eddie Ortega. I have had one in the past and it was amazing. I never thought I would even seen another but my buddy had a few left in his box and new I loved them and gave me one

I have tons of others from people in the business and didn’t want to include them but thought this would be a fun thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

I was gifted an Opus X "The Undefeated" from a highly successful entrepreneur that I met through the now defunct Purotrader website. He was downsizing his large beachfront home to a smaller home, which meant that he also had to downsize his walk-in humidor to a cabinet style coolidor. He pulled out two Opus X Undefeated, a rare 56 gauge by 6" Toro that was only previously released in 2013 to the best of my knowledge and this happened over a year ago so the cigars had around 10 years of age on them. We sat on his balcony overlooking the Atlantic ocean and smoked them. Fantastic!

I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase many of the aged cigars from his collection. There were a few more Undefeated in the cigars that I purchased!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

I was gifted an Opus X "The Undefeated" from a highly successful entrepreneur that I met through the now defunct Purotrader website. He was downsizing his large beachfront home to a smaller home, which meant that he also had to downsize his walk-in humidor to a cabinet style coolidor. He pulled out two Opus X Undefeated, a rare 56 gauge by 6" Toro that was only previously released in 2013 to the best of my knowledge and this happened over a year ago so the cigars had around 10 years of age on them. We sat on his balcony overlooking the Atlantic ocean and smoked them. Fantastic!

I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase many of the aged cigars from his collection. There were a few more Undefeated in the cigars that I purchased!
Oh man that sounds amazing!! Def would love to hear some of the cool things you bought from him too

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Great question. Emphasizes the generosity of this hobby.

1) Cohiba Gran Reserva. Part of a secret Santa gift from an old botl on a different forum.

2) Padron Millennium Maduro. From a close personal friend. He bought it for me at a Padron event we were at. I smoked it with W.B after my second son was born 9 years ago. Still an amazing smoke with great company. Another BOTL gone way too soon.

3) Too many too count. The most memorable are the ones that had significance to the person that gifted them to me like home rolls.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great question. Emphasizes the generosity of this hobby.

1) Cohiba Gran Reserva. Part of a secret Santa gift from an old botl on a different forum.

2) Padron Millennium Maduro. From a close personal friend. He bought it for me at a Padron event we were at. I smoked it with W.B after my second son was born 9 years ago. Still an amazing smoke with great company. Another BOTL gone way too soon.

3) Too many too count. The most memorable are the ones that had significance to the person that gifted them to me like home rolls.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
wow that all sounds awesome and can’t agree more!! The memories will last a lifetime no matter what the cigar is. Definitely love that and I’m sorry for your loss. One of my favorite cigar experiences was with a buddy of mine and at my favorite place. A few of us went and enjoyed a smoke and he was killed a few days later. I don’t remember what I smoked that day but I remember having a nice and fun time that I will always remember

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coolest I ever got from a friend was a pre embargo Cuban. It was not a big name but it was cool getting something so old with so much history. I have a lot of others but the ones that meant the most to me are the ones I was given by and smoked with a good friend.
that’s definitely one of the coolest gifts!! Had to be super memorable

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man that sounds amazing!! Def would love to hear some of the cool things you bought from him too
It was all aged Opus X that I purchased from him at some really good pricing. He told me that before he retired, he owned an insurance company with sales reps all over the country and he had all of them searching for the Opus that he liked! All he smokes is Opus X and Cubans, nothing else. Unfortunately, he would not part with any of his Cubans.

I got a box of Opus X Toast of America Sharks (which are actually slightly larger than the standard Opus X Sharks) and a box of regular Opus X Sharks, a box of 20th Anniversary God's Whisper, a box of Tauros the Bull, a couple dozen BBMF's mostly natural with some maduro, probably a half dozen LBMF's, and a couple of vintage Opus X A's in wooden coffins. Other than the 20th anniversary box, he estimated that everything was between 5-20 years old.

He is a really great guy who is living the American dream, a true rags to riches story. I was very fortunate to have met him and to be able to help him downsize his collection.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was all aged Opus X that I purchased from him at some really good pricing. He told me that before he retired, he owned an insurance company with sales reps all over the country and he had all of them searching for the Opus that he liked! All he smokes is Opus X and Cubans, nothing else. Unfortunately, he would not part with any of his Cubans.

I got a box of Opus X Toast of America Sharks (which are actually slightly larger than the standard Opus X Sharks) and a box of regular Opus X Sharks, a box of 20th Anniversary God's Whisper, a box of Tauros the Bull, a couple dozen BBMF's mostly natural with some maduro, probably a half dozen LBMF's, and a couple of vintage Opus X A's in wooden coffins. Other than the 20th anniversary box, he estimated that everything was between 5-20 years old.

He is a really great guy who is living the American dream, a true rags to riches story. I was very fortunate to have met him and to be able to help him downsize his collection.
Oh man that sounds incredible. I didn’t even know boxes of the opus toast sharks existed. I am a huge opus fan and searching for two different ones now lol. I know how that hunt goes all too well lol. I hope you enjoyed all u smoked and continue to enjoy what u still have left!!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
About 10 years ago I received one of the original DE Undercrown flying pigs. This was gifted to me by Brooks from Halfwheel so technically it may be considered to have come from someone "in the industry" These were super-rare at the time with less than 2500 made and they were only released in the Netherlands. Undercrown Flying Pig | halfwheel

DE subsequently put this out as a general release a few years later which messed up the whole "rarity" factor but at the time I received it, it was still considered quite rare.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have been blessed with some generous friends, I have been gifted Cuban Davidoffs, Dunhills, Humidor cigars Ect.
But I would have to say the Rarest cigar would be a Cuban “Taboada” that was rolled for Pablo Escobar (Colombian drug lord) that a friend that has passed bought them at an auction. I have had it at least 20 years, but I just can't bring myself to smoke it:sorry:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been blessed with some generous friends, I have been gifted Cuban Davidoffs, Dunhills, Humidor cigars Ect.
But I would have to say the Rarest cigar would be a Cuban “Taboada” that was rolled for Pablo Escobar (Colombian drug lord) that a friend that has passed bought them at an auction. I have had it at least 20 years, but I just can't bring myself to smoke it:sorry:
Oh man no words but amazing. Those Cubans are amazing sounding and some of my dream ones but that Escobar cigar sounds like it’s a real piece of history. I wouldn’t smoke that either

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 10 years ago I received one of the original DE Undercrown flying pigs. This was gifted to me by Brooks from Halfwheel so technically it may be considered to have come from someone "in the industry" These were super-rare at the time with less than 2500 made and they were only released in the Netherlands. Undercrown Flying Pig | halfwheel

DE subsequently put this out as a general release a few years later which messed up the whole "rarity" factor but at the time I received it, it was still considered quite rare.
Definitely sounds so good. The flying pig size is my dad’s favorite. I wonder if he tried them back then. Have to try one it he still has some lol

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Definitely sounds so good. The flying pig size is my dad’s favorite. I wonder if he tried them back then. Have to try one it he still has some lol
I was in Nica and we did a tour of Drew Estate. This was when Liga Privada was just beginning to grow. Jonathan Drew invited us to stay after dinner and play poker. While we were playing Poker Drew goes I got something new for you to try that we are going to release soon. He leaves and comes back and drops a bunch of Liga Privada #9 Flying Pigs on the table. That was pretty awesome.