What's new

What is your favorite DR cigar?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hard to pin a favorite, but as far as marcas go it would be Fuente, Crowned Heads, and Davidoff. I'll include Franklin in with Fuente because I'm pretty sure they are who he is getting his tobacco from since they have such a vested interest in his success post-Fuente employment.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hard to pin a favorite, but as far as marcas go it would be Fuente, Crowned Heads, and Davidoff. I'll include Franklin in with Fuente because I'm pretty sure they are who he is getting his tobacco from since they have such a vested interest in his success post-Fuente employment.
Aren't Crowned Heads all Nica blends?

Fuentes Anejos & Hemingways are always good to go.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Caldwell Long Live the King. I think one of the filler leaves is Nica, one is Peru, but the third, binder, and wrapper are all Dominican. An absolutely stellar cigar.

Quesada Espana has an Eqcuadorian wrapper and nica fillers, but is overall a DR cigar as well.

I suppose I should put the Opus X up here as well as the Don Carlos, but I'd take either of the above cigars any day, though the Chateau Fuente stuff would be up there with the above.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

They aren't nica puro, and to be honest if we are talking Dominican puro that would leave just Fuente for me.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0

They aren't nica puro, and to be honest if we are talking Dominican puro that would leave just Fuente for me.
I guess that's the feeling I got from his post about DR smokes.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Do the marcas in the OP make Dominican puros exclusively? ;)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I was mainly talking about pure DR filler/binder but actually enjoying all the various suggestions.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

I was mainly talking about pure DR filler/binder but actually enjoying all the various suggestions.
I'll stand corrected and say just Fuente. The only Davidoff puro I smoked was acrid. You cut out Ecuadorian leaf and I'm just not a huge fan.