What's new

What is your favorite "Note" in a cigar?

What is your favorite "note" in a cigar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Very fun thread/poll. I like a lot of these--wood (especially cedar), cream. nuts, cinnimon, and lately I really like spice. But I think chocolate is my favorite.

EstateDude

Thats what she said.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I like a creamy coffee and spice. I see there isn't a coffee to pick from so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. which wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Was pondering this yesterday at the firehouse.
Mine would be Orange peel and I havn't had it in many gars. (But I know 1 that has always produced it. The Frank.)
Citrus/Orange Peel 1st
Mint (Sw maddy) would be second.
Please choose up to 2.
Nice Poll Bro.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just after the first few puffs to charge the cigar, I love when I get a good horse tack leather aroma off the shoulder; then moving down the body, just a hint that a few grains of black pepper have been worked down into that leather as I get closer to the foot.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I love the citrus. I remember the taste I picked up in the Stanford 90th. So cool to run into such an unexpected flavor!

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love a cigar that has nuts and chocolate notes. Also love spice, vanilla, and leather. I smoke lots of different sticks to try out all the different profiles though. I do like the citrus/orange peel, but haven't found too many cigars with that profile.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That term "spice" has always confused me. I mean there must be 100 items on the spice rack in the supermarket. Peppermint is a spice and so is cinnamon, but they are nothing alike in fragrance; same for bay leaves and cumen, peppercorns and mustard seeds.

"I get a hint of spice with this cigar." Which one?

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That term "spice" has always confused me. I mean there must be 100 items on the spice rack in the supermarket. Peppermint is a spice and so is cinnamon, but they are nothing alike in fragrance; same for bay leaves and cumen, peppercorns and mustard seeds.

Bay leaves are a herb, though. :smokingbo

But I see yer point and agree completely.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
When I use the term spice, I am describing the cigar as spicy or has spicy tendencies. When I first smoked the Frank, i thought, WTF is that Im getting.... about 10 min later, Im like ahah! Star Anise! I would like to believe my taste buds are on point... I love smoking with my dad and telling him that I am getting notes of, let's say "nutmeg", and have him say... you're right... you SOB!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Yeah, "spice" being one of my favorite notes, it's sometimes hard to pin down. Sometimes it seems to be a combination of all different kinds, sometimes one or two are predominant.

Yesterday, for instance, I smoked a Tat Tainos and hours later an MJ12. Both are spicy, but with the Tainos it was a mix, close to what I've identified as my favorite blend in a cigar––some cumin, cayenne, black pepper, white pepper, paprika, something very ruddy and dark and earthy at the same time (yes, I have gone to my pantry and opened up dozens of spice bottles and held them in various combinations to my nose to see what came closest to that blend)––whereas the MJ12, which was also spicy, had notes mainly of cinnamon.

I've had cigars that are spicy in a floral way, too. It just varies. Just enjoy the spice and enjoy figuring out what you're tasting!