Votes: 21 10.7%

Votes: 15 7.7%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 10 5.1%

• Total voters
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dig 42 gauge for some reason, petit corona or a lancero. I dont usually go higher than 46

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I went with a 60 but it needs to be 6.5" to 7" cause I am taking them on the golf course with me which is where I do most of my smoking...I play a lot of golf...I love those La Gloria Cubana Serie R Maduro #7

For the backyard I perfer much smaller, so the wife does not bitch too much that I spend too much time outside.

At the bar, I like a nice 5 x 50.

Last edited:

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
My favorite RG would have to be Roy Garcia.
After that, I'd say Reme Gordon, or maybe Ronald Gustav.

Can we include women?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It's interesting how the BOTL's seem to favor 46 and smaller. Seems like cigar smokers in general today prefer thicker RG's.

Most limited releases from recent memory have a RG of 50 or larger and I see a trend towards shorter and fatter smokes... or atleast that's my impression. Dirty Rat, Skull and Bones, anything from tat or viaje and hell the Liga Privada's dont come in anything less than 50... and Behike at 52, 54, 56.

seems like demand overall is pushing towards larger RG's... too bad because I'm a fan of 38-46. Would LOVE to see Pete come out with a CG Verocu for example.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
It's interesting how the BOTL's seem to favor 46 and smaller. Seems like cigar smokers in general today prefer thicker RG's.

Most limited releases from recent memory have a RG of 50 or larger and I see a trend towards shorter and fatter smokes... or atleast that's my impression. Dirty Rat, Skull and Bones, anything from tat or viaje and hell the Liga Privada's dont come in anything less than 50... and Behike at 52, 54, 56.

seems like demand overall is pushing towards larger RG's... too bad because I'm a fan of 38-46. Would LOVE to see Pete come out with a CG Verocu for example.
I think this is due to the Americanization of cigars... "bigger is better". Keep in mind, BOTL is comprised of people who take cigars seriously and do more than just smoke one occasionally. I too started out smoking big fat cigars until I learned to appreciate the smaller ring gauges. I think for the most part, though, most people don't take cigars as seriously as we do. Thus, bigger is better, and the manufacturers are intelligently following the trend. Can't blame 'em, I guess, as long as they continue to produce the ones we seem to appreciate the most.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Well, it will not be a Corona Gorda, but there is a smaller RG (MUCH smaller) Verocu being released this year...

In fact, Tatuaje has some REALLY great smaller RG cigars coming out this year, including the Petite Cazadore Reserva, and the aforementioned Verocu...

~brooks

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I think this is due to the Americanization of cigars... "bigger is better". Keep in mind, BOTL is comprised of people who take cigars seriously and do more than just smoke one occasionally. I too started out smoking big fat cigars until I learned to appreciate the smaller ring gauges. I think for the most part, though, most people don't take cigars as seriously as we do. Thus, bigger is better, and the manufacturers are intelligently following the trend. Can't blame 'em, I guess, as long as they continue to produce the ones we seem to appreciate the most.
Read this again, I could not have said it better...

I too started out with Big RG...Now I know better :)

~brooks

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
42-46 is my sweet spot. funny when i first started i really liked the bigger RG 52-54. went smaller casue seems i can pick up more flavor nuances from the smaller ring guage.