What's new

What is your favorite wrapper?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm in the mood to order some leaf. I need a few suggestions on a good wrapper leaf. Specifically, I am looking for a leaf the is easy to work with and looks nice. Flavor is a personal preference but ease of use is probably something that is easier to agree on.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the mood to order some leaf. I need a few suggestions on a good wrapper leaf. Specifically, I am looking for a leaf the is easy to work with and looks nice. Flavor is a personal preference but ease of use is probably something that is easier to agree on.
I just bought a sample of the ecuadorian seco shade wrapper from Leaf only and it is super stretchy, pliable, and doesn't tear easily. I really like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You just are not going to get any easier to work with than these prepped CT shade wads ( http://www.botl.org/threads/wads.93639/ ) which I scored out of FX Smith's Sons basement. That's it. Period. QED. Scope out that thread and see.

I just finished up a project Sunday, wherein I wrapped up 250 each 9" x 50rg Churchills using these leaves. They average prolly 18" to 20" long, even without the stems. Plenty for a fat Churchill, a flag, and some left over. They come already stemmed and flattened. Flexible, thin... just condition, cut, and wrap. And the price is easy to live with too... $35 shipped for a bag o' wads holding 150 wraps.

Still have lotsa bag-o-wads left, cause I bought out every last one they had. Excellent easy to work with.

My next project with these wrappers is plump perfectos. Soon as I can smoke again, I'll try and find a stashworthy blend. Haven't burnt a stick in about four weeks now. Tough to come up with a blend when you don't sample any.

That said, the LO Ec Seco is genuine good stuff too. I tried the Ec Ligero and Viso ... too much zing for me. But you canscore 1/4 lb samples of each and decide.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had looked back in other threads and the Ecuador Shade from LO seemed to be the most often praised. The responses so far here are unanimous. I appreciate the input. I would love to hear more suggestions of course.
There is the Equador Shade Seco, Viso and Ligero. I understand the they are from different places on the plant (different primings). This affects both the color and the thickness of the leaves with the Seco being the lightest and thinnest and the Ligero being the darkest and thickest. What about flavor. Is there a discernible difference in the flavor of these different primings?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey Webmost, I posted the previous response before I saw your reply. While the CT Shade that you have may be the best you've ever worked with, I guess I'm SOL since you already bought everything they had. That's OK though as I do prefer the darker leaf ascetically. You also mention that the Ligero and Viso has a bit too much zing for you. Is the zing a peppery or spicy thing or is it a strength thing?

BTW, wrapping 250 Churchills in one day ..... that nuts!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey Webmost, I posted the previous response before I saw your reply. While the CT Shade that you have may be the best you've ever worked with, I guess I'm SOL since you already bought everything they had. That's OK though as I do prefer the darker leaf ascetically. You also mention that the Ligero and Viso has a bit too much zing for you. Is the zing a peppery or spicy thing or is it a strength thing?

BTW, wrapping 250 Churchills in one day ..... that nuts!

HA! No, it took me two months... four a day ... cause I only have a two-slot Churchill mold. I did a pair each morning and another pair each eve. Yeah, if I could do 250 a day I could get me a low pay job in the islands.

You missed the point ... I bought up all the wads so that we could all share them. You want some, I'll mail you.

Yes, there's a marked diff in flavor. Seco is the mildest as well as the largest & broadest & thinnest. Higher up the plant you get, stronger the flavor. I didn't much care for the ligero, which I thought was too peppery for wrapper. Not a ligero fan anyways -- not even for filler. But all were nice to work with.

Got to tell you, tho -- that Ec shade is not the same as that CT shade. As I recall reading, the seed went from CT to Sumatra then back to Ecuador. So it's been thru some soils and climates.