What's new

What is your purpose?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I smoke a cigar a day. I have been collecting and smoking for about 10 years now.

Most of my buys are aged or rare cigars. I also buy cigars I regularly smoke to keep in rotation so I am usually smoking a cigar with 4-6 years of age on them.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I just got into cubans and my NC stash of super prems has grown within the past month or so. I am starting to dwindle out the average smokes with habanos and super prems. Slowly building the collection to have aged and smokeable cigars.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I keep buying because I have a sickness in which there is no cure.

On a serious note, I no longer smoke as much as before, but I do buy just as much. I'm in the same boat as Todd; I'd rather just buy now for future comsumption.

And then there are some smokes that are just a waste, IMO, to smoke when they are not aged, ie RASS. These I have to age myself, because it's almost damned near impossible to find any with age.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Age and smoke, smoke and age. I tend to lean towards buying cigars I don't yet have a reasonable stock of but have tried and know I like. I will continue to age everything I can, but won't hesitate to smoke from any box. I tend to leave the younger (to improve smokablility) and older (poor attempt at decade plus) stock alone, often opting for middle ground.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't have enough cigars yet to age any. I smoke 3 to 4 cigars a week and have just started to increase my supply of Cigars. My goal is to eventually have several boxes of cigars aging at any given time. I like the idea of having an assortment of cigars so that I can choose from a wide variety of smokes that I know I like. I'm still sorting through what I like and dislike so have only begun to settle on a few different favorites for now.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I buy to smoke I don't have the $ or patience to buy to age. That is why I smoke NC most of the time I would like to put back a box or two of some CC to smoke on the front porch when I retire in 3-4 yrs. As for ageing for long time I can't see myself doing that.:smokingbo :smokingbo

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
My consumption is kind of on par with Dave and Craig. No where near what Todd's has been in the past (if it's changing now). I should mix in NCs to help, but as I just don't get that many chances to smoke, I have a hard time doing that, lol. I don't get to buy near as much as alot of the folks out there so it's been difficult to build up the stash. That, and when I get time alone (sans wife) I tend to go through alot of smokes. :headroll: That doesn't help either.

Currently I'm pretty much focusing on the smaller smokes as an hour is about as much time as I usually have. That being said, I try to pick up some of the larger smokes here and there as I know I won't have to get them often.

Tripp's two boxes a month plan would be a dream for me. I'd love to get to that point. :thumbsup:

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
I am trying to have a cab aging and a cab for smoking but it is very difficult! I agree with Todd about trying to have enough smokes around for the day Cubans are either unavailable or cost prohibitive or the more likely scenario of smoking being banned EVERYWHERE, even your own home!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm definitely a buy to age/buy to smoke guy. I buy some recent stuff to age and some aged stuff to smoke now. A few months ago I cut way back on my smoking. I now only smoke 2-3 sticks per month unless I am playing golf. I definitely buy alot more than I smoke. I like the idea of reaching a point where everything I am smoking is 10 years old or more. I don't have a huge stockpile by some standards but that is OK for me, at least right now. If the embargo ends I could live to regret not having more but I've got two kids in private school, one of which is going to college soon so I have to manage the priorities of the family first.