What's new

What just happened?!?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What a crazy week its been. Life turned upside down overnight. Dad went into the doc last Wed because he was having pains in his head and neck. Doc says something isn't right and sends him to the hospital.

MRI's are ordered and a 5cm mass is found on his brain. Neurosurgeon says it has to come out and surgery was set. Friday morning the surgery takes place and everything goes great.

The surgeon says the entire tumor was removed which is the good news. Then the bad news came. The tumor was a glioblastoma stage IV. He goes on to say this is the worst of the worst when it comes to cancers of the brain. The tumor will regrow...rapidly. It doubles in size every couple weeks. The median survival rate for this cancer is 9-15 months with aggressive treatment. 3 months with no treatment.

I've lived on the internet this last week searching for the best treatments and cancer centers across the country looking for hope. What I've found is little but there are stories of folks living 3-5 years. This cancer is a machine. Its been nicknamed "The Terminator".

My Dad just turned 55 and is in otherwise great health. He is a great man and an even better friend. I am asking that anyone willing to take a minute to say a prayer for my Dad please do so. He is determined to "break records" and beat this cancer. I truly believe prayer/positive energy makes a difference. We are in for the battle of our lives and will need all the help we can get.

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Wow. Not what I was expecting to find in here.

My dad just turned 56 and I can't imagine being in you position. I wish you and your family the best of luck to get through this. Prayers sent.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Sorry to hear about this brother. Prayers are sent to you and your family. I will remember your father and send prayers his way with positive energy.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
:angel: Hang in there Ted, good thoughts and prayers are headed your way my friend! :angel: