What's new

What old PC games were you into ?

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein were my favs of the day, but also did a lot of console in the early times, Atari was the bomb.

Eventually moved to all computer games though as they got better and still do a good bit of it today, entirely shooter based.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Quake III and Doom Bring back great memories of all night lan parties!!
Ahhhhh lan parties :disappoin
19 guys in one persons commercial building lan'ning for a weekend...the girlfriend thought we were the biggest losers ever, but so much fun meeting people that live around you who enjoy your passion. Wait, that is still what I am trying to do heh.

Jammerjoe

Fantasy Sports Geek
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow...where do I start? seen a lot of favorites...America's Army was definitely one of the biggest time sinks for me...my brothers in Seattle and Sacramento (and me in FL) would jump on ventrillo and go huntin'. I was a big sim gamer back in the day, so Caesar, Sims, Call to Power, all that stuff.

Actually tried to fire up Pharoah recently as it was truly a favorite, but it won't run in Windows 7. Starcraft...my roommate and I used to run a cable between our comps and play all the hardest scenarios against the computer. RedGuard, Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion in the Elder Scrolls series...I have all of them still except Daggerfall...Maybe my favorite game of all time though was Battlemech (also known as Battletech and Mechwarrior.) I started out playing the board game, then collected the figurines (Ral Partha) and played tournaments on Geo hex maps. Had to have line of site rules and compendiums and all that stuff. Then it went online and I became addicted. Bought all versions of the game through Black Knight, and then it seemed people moved on. World of Warcraft was my most recent addiction (which I found while playing EverCrack), but I've broken myself of gaming for the most part nowadays, preferring to play pinochle with my honey.

I could probably write a book about my gaming experiences. Don't know that anyone one would buy it, but I could write one :laugh:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old PC games?

I'm so old that everything involving PC's still sounds new to me!

I remember when electronic games were played on huge consoles in bars. You played with a joy-stick and/or buttons to push, rather than a mouse or those annoying left/right arrows on a modern keyboard. Tetris was a lot more fun that way! But the first one I played was Break-out. I never did play Pong which I believe was the very first of that era.

Like a good cigar, I am well-aged! :bottle:

Musterion

Don't stare....
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved playing "Nascar Racing" by Papyrus. Had the wheel clamped on my desk and raced online with my buddies out west.
The one that cost me some serious hours was Dues Ex. Loved that game and played it non-stop over and over again.
Thanks for this thread. It's fun seeing all the old titles that I had forgotten about.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Police Quest, Space Quest, King's Quest and Escape from Monkey Island. Basically anything Sierra was a huge time waster for me.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I loved the Quest for Glory Series, it was amazing! I started back in the days of Doom and Heretic (one of my favs EVER). I also loved playing Battlefield 1942, the entire Call of Duty series, Star Wars Galaxies, Planetside, World of Warcraft, Diablo I & II, Warcraft I-III, Starcraft 1 & 2. Ya, I know, I am a nerd. There are others I am sure I am forgetting but those are some of my favs.