What's new

What part of 'DANGER: ALLIGATORS-NO SWIMMING' don't you get?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
http://wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S...35&nav=0RaMbkiC

(Wilmington, North Carolina-NBC) July 4, 2005 - In Wilmington, North Carolina's Greenfield Lake there are plenty of gators, hungry gators.

Floyd Masters was spending his holiday weekend along the lake, when he decided to take a dip.

Despite several posted signs warning of alligators in the area, Masters jumped into the water. Moments later, he was attacked by one of the ten-foot reptiles who bit his right arm.

Two men saw the attack and dragged Masters out of the lake. They used a shirt as a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. Masters was treated for bites to his chest, stomach and hands, as well.

Police and wildlife officials are investigating. Masters' injuries are not considered life threatening.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I'll have to pass this on to my ex-gf who's from NC :rofl:

Funny little side story:

One night we were out eating at Ryan's Steakhouse in NC with her family and one of the servant ladies came around asking the table if they would like "schum Texuus Toast". Her whole family raised their arms in anticipation of getting a slice of Texas Toast. I about died of laughter at the table when the lady was giving out pieces of REGULAR-sized toasted bread. I turned to my now ex-gf and told her "that isn't in no way in hell a piece of Texas Toast". Sadly, I had to explain my laughter at the table to the family... but they still didn't understand.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well this funny that this made BOTL...Wilmington is my home town and Greenfeild Lake is no place to swim if there wasn't any gators....This what we call a Cypress Pond on a huge scale....It also cuts through one of the oldest parts of Wilmington and suffers from polluted runoff from the surounding areas and this time of year with minimal flow of water it's covered with a thick green algee....this guy must have been drunk off his ass to jump in....most of the locals figured, just another drunk. For the most part gators won't mess with humans at all, but they do love a dog....I guess this dude must have smelled like one :dunno:

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Two words...

....................Natural Selection!

Them Fellers shoulda Done left His Dumb Cracker Azz in the Pond! Consider the Public Good it woulda Done. We see the same thing up Here with Bears. People go out camping with no clue that Bears are Omnivoures!

We just had a Lawyer and His Wife killed in their tent by a big Griz. Gun? uh..."We Don't believe in Guns!"

See, Natural Seeelection!

Two+ Years ago a Tree Hugger Who wanted to Get to know and commune with the Bears, got Himself and a Girlfriend Killed By a Old Boar. The Whole thing was recorded on audio tape. It was Brutal.:( The guy was on tape as saying He Would consider it an Honor to be Bear Scat. He preached "Save the Bears" to anyone who would listen. He was responsible for the deaths of Every Bear found in the Valley, on the day it Happened. Not much conservation of Bears that Day. Plus for a guy Who had bragged about Being OK with Being Eaten by a Bear....His Screams on the audio tape sure did not sound like He was Really OK with it.

He was a Darwin Award Finalist.

Thanks for the Story!

slack