What's new

What say you?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have only smoked one larger format habano... Luci mmmmmm and ze esplendido mmmmmm.........

Anyways, I was thinking that I do get some time to enjoy these every once and a while and thought it would be nice to have a few but I'm not sure that I know what to look for.

Are all large cigars a little more mild in the strength department? I've heard that this is the case, the Luci tasted great, but was lacking IMO in the strength department.

I like a strong cigar, heavy in the liegro department are there any in the Julieta/churchill size besides the esplendido that are stout and flavorfull?

So cough up your opinions sucka's :lol: like you could keep them to yourselves anyways :lol:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I too have only had a few of the larger size cigars. The one that has had the most strength for me so far was a Punch DC. The larger cigars do seem to be on the milder side, but the Punch had a little more kick to it.

I just never really pursued these sizes that much because I just haven't yet really had a couple of hours to sit down and spend the time a cigar of this size deserves to truly enjoy it. Now if the S/O wouldn't mind me smoking in the house, then that would be another matter all together. :lol:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I would go with Cohiba DC EL simply because if you have that much available time to sit down and enjoy... why not treat yourself right?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
vipe said:
I would go with Cohiba DC EL simply because if you have that much available time to sit down and enjoy... why not treat yourself right?
I've never had one of these so I'm not sure if they are worth that much cash... specially because I could get almost 3 boxes of that format for that... I know... cheap bastid :wink:

Gotta be some more idea's out there... keep talkin sucka's :)

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One of these days, I will get some extra cash and cough it up for a couple Cohiba DC ELs, Part Salomones and Lusi., and a couple ofthe large Punch..the name is slipping out of my mind right now.

When I first began smoking, I wouldn't smoke any of the smaller cigars, because I smoked at work, so time was not an issue (i.e. 7x50 plus)..Now adays, I usually smoke when I go out, or smoke while at home, and find that I don't usually have enough time to sit down and smoke anything that large any more without the wife nagging, or the kid yelling so..

Andrew

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I very rarely smoke larger sticks. Believe it or not, it is not that I don't have time in the summer, I just feel I don't have the patience! Maybe I need to partake in an activity while smoking like reading a book or something.

I basically enjoy anything up to a robusto size with the PC size being my favorite.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
DWavs said:
I very rarely smoke larger sticks. Believe it or not, it is not that I don't have time in the summer, I just feel I don't have the patience! Maybe I need to partake in an activity while smoking like reading a book or something.

I basically enjoy anything up to a robusto size with the PC size being my favorite.
Same here Dave, the PC has become my favorite size. The only time I usually smoke a large vitola is when I am doing just that, enjoying a good book and there is no rush. Then or during an outing to the park (State Park) or something.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Most big cigars tends to be on the mild side when starting off and building from there.. they rarely show all the cards at the same time...

Some of the bigger ones I like is:
Boli CG, one of my favourite..!!!
RAG (if having 5+ years on it in a cabinet)
Cohiba Espl and DC el (DC box jul 03 is just coming out of flat period now)
Part Lusi (this is a perfect example for a mild starter)
Punch Dc
Monte A (min 7-8 years to come out properly.. any younger and they've been a bit muted IMO)

The HDM Dc / churchill doesn't do anything for me.. too mild.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks Hawkan...

I noticed you didnt have a time requirement for the BCG's...

I've heard that larger cigars tend to require more age to be more "on" than some of the smaller ones, I dont know if this is true or not, I was curious to hear your thoughts on it though and to see if you had further age recomendations on BCG's?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Newt said:
Thanks Hawkan...

I noticed you didnt have a time requirement for the BCG's...

I've heard that larger cigars tend to require more age to be more "on" than some of the smaller ones, I dont know if this is true or not, I was curious to hear your thoughts on it though and to see if you had further age recomendations on BCG's?

Anyone?

Bueller?
I didn't stipulate a time requirement on the BCG purely because there is non IMO.. Sure, they can get sick as most cigars can but apart from that, they are good young and they age gracefully. A young BCG still reveils all the boli and CG flavours and with age, they just come together a bit more as it should with age....

They, however, don't gain much strength by being left undisturbed and there isn't much complexity gained with age.. all the flavours are there when young.. just not in perfect balance as they get with time...

Hard to put your finger on it but they are one of the few big size cigars that doesn't IMO require heaps of ageing before reveiling their full potential.

CHeers

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Time is always an issue with the larger formats....but Sunday afternoons are mine, a cigar or two and the NASCAR race... and a couple of cigars and football in the fall....Bman

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I like the larger cigars because when I smoke I like to take my time. I have noticed as Hawkan said that their character changes, sometimes dramatically, as you smoke them. I reserve the smaller cigars for times when time is limited. Most small smokes have excellent taste characteristics though. I think what I am saying is I like both but for different reasons.

I just like to smoke cigars!

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
:blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:

The warm weather is here....

Lets break out the big cigars

:blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want strength, then the Punch DC will deliver. For overall fantastic cigars, the Hoyo DC and SLR DC are tops.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Hehe, I'm wondering if it will be the opposite for me down here in the bottom south. Might start getting too HOT to be out that long with a smoke. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone my name is David, I have been smoking cigars for about a year and I love a good quality stick. I have about 215 mostly nice sticks between my 3 humidors. No Cubans at least not yet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, I'm Whogivesapuff. I have been smoking cigars for 5 years. My 1st favorite was an acid Blondie now my palate can't take it at all. I thoroughly enjoy a full bodied cigar paired with a nice scotch or Port. This form was highly recommended to me I look forward to hanging out here meeting everyone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk