What's new

What should I buy?

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
pharmgator said:
I can think of many great quality $5 cigars: Partagas Shorts, Trini Reyes, Diplomaticos #4, Sancho Panza Bachilleres and non-plus, etc.

My favorite cigar, as of presently, has to be Partagas Black Label. You can definately find them under $5 a finger. Nice dark cigar...mmmmmm.

Sincerely,
Sir Duke O of Dukingham Mumwich III

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Cubans have a certain flavor unlike any other cigar. Some peolple enjoy this flavor, a "twang" as we say, and will not settle for anything but. I am gravitating towards the twang.

However, there are cigars that certainly have tons of flavor, PAMS, OPUS X, etc., just not Cuban flavor.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
thebigo said:
My favorite cigar, as of presently, has to be Partagas Black Label. You can definately find them under $5 a finger. Nice dark cigar...mmmmmm.

Sincerely,
Sir Duke O of Dukingham Mumwich III
The black label is NC.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Did he say the Black Label was cuban? I must have missed that. Either way let me know if you try any suggestions pdonlin. I hope some of the info is helpful.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
MichiganM said:
Did he say the Black Label was cuban? I must have missed that. Either way let me know if you try any suggestions pdonlin. I hope some of the info is helpful.
I was just assuming he thought the Partagas that I mentioned was a NC - you know where assuming gets people.:hammersma

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Alright I had the Acid Kuba Kuba tonight and while I didnt hate the flavor (wasnt extremely fond of it either), it is definatly too strong for my tastes. I guess I need to find a good medium around the Fonseca but not as strong as the Kuba Kuba. I didn't get much past half of the cigar and I quit... was one of those that you can tell it will make you miserable for hours if you finish it all.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Juan Lopez Seleccion No.1
Hmmm thats the second time you've recommended that cigar and it gets rave reviews on cigars-review.org .... guess I need to try and find a place I can get some in singles

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
pdonlin said:
Hmmm thats the second time you've recommended that cigar and it gets rave reviews on cigars-review.org .... guess I need to try and find a place I can get some in singles
Todd will suggest that every time!! :rofl:

It is an excellent cigar, and fits your bill from what I've read of your posts. I'll also stick with my suggestion of Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extras. I think you'll like them.

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
tubaman said:
Todd will suggest that every time!! :rofl:

It is an excellent cigar, and fits your bill from what I've read of your posts. I'll also stick with my suggestion of Rafael Gonzales Coronas Extras. I think you'll like them.
About a year ago (or a little more) I bought a box of Rafael Gonzales Panatellas which are now gone. I seem to remember liking them, not one of my favorites but they were good. I'll have to try the Coronas Extras also.