What's new

What system do you have

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I listen to music mainly in my truck.
I have an Alpine Mp3/satellite reciever, 2 JL Audio 6x9s 2ways in the doors, a pair of 1" tweeters next to them. A pair of Alpine Type S 3way 6x9s in the back "wall". Two Kenwood 12s behind the seats. All the speakers are powered by an oldschool Lightning Audio 5channel amp. All in a regular cab truck.... You can hear me comming, but it sounds clear.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
NAD receiver to two Definitive Technology towers each powered by a 1,000 watt NAD Amp.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nakamichi Receiver3, pair of CV's, pair of old bookshelf speakers from UK/England (Iforget what brand), denon CD player, Stanton turntables, Denon mixer. It's my cobbled together vintage system with newer middle of the road mixing gear. it's clear enough to appreciate the good stuff, and gets loud enough to shake the walls.

pic taken before I added the bookshelf speakers:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Ah... A topic after my own heart!

Put together this system over the years, paying close attention to the used audio market:

Krell 280p preamp
Krell KSA 300s Power Amp
Squeezebox Digital Music Player
PS Audio DAC-1
Project Expression Turntable w/ Linn Addikt Cartridge
w/ Pro-ject Tube Box SE
JM Lab Electra 926 Speakers (Signature Finish)

This took me approximately 3 years to put together and have had it now for about five years.

-Fauzi

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I've got a Sonos ZonePlayer driving a pair of Polk LSi9's in the living room, and another feeding into my Yamaha amp in the TV room.

I'm a huge fan of the Sonos solution. Plays music off my media share, or streamed from Rhapsody, Pandora, and a bunch of others. I control the whole thing from a wireless controller or an app on my cell phone.

-Charles

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Pioneer Elite 21-TSX Receiver (THX)
SVS 12" Sub
SVS STS mains and center
SVS S2 bi-pole side surrounds
Some old Onkyos as rear surrounds

I run things from either my PS3 or my MacBook Pro.

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
denon 7.1 with Monitor Audio Bronze b centre, b2's, b3's and for the rear center jbl in ceilings...a crappy subwoofer. and upstairs and old technics receiver hooked to a jbl center, and old monitor audio 3's bookshelf's

yes I like monitor audio...

oh and a roku soundbride m1000 to push audio from any computer to my stereo.