What's new

What the hell is there to do in Little Rock?

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
...probably a lot, but I've never been there and I'll be there next week. Sorry if this doesn't qualify as a "meetup" post, but if anyone knows of any good restaurants / cigar bars / whatever to help keep me occupied after meetings I'd like to know. Thanks guys.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Last time I was in Little Rock was to pick up a dog. The only other times I've been, I was driving on I-40 as fast as I could to get out of Arkansas. Sorry dude.

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try not to get mugged!!

My buddie is stationed at LR and hates raising his kids there. I went there for a month of training and all I was told was there were many gangs and don't go downtown after dark.

Be Safe!

Crimes Per 100,000 People == 10553.9

National Avg. Per 100,000 People == 4627.9

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Damn... isn't there someone around here from AR that will stick up for their state? Why do I get the feeling that I should cancel this trip...

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I can hook you up with my cousin, he's lived there on and off for years and knows all the best spots to smoke crack, the best gas stations to rob, and the hookers without the clap.

LMK if you're into any of these things and I'll call my Aunt and see if he's out of prison yet.:bigeyes:

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
My inlaws are from the area, there's nothing to do there.

Nick, yes it's in the south, no there are no cows. LR is pretty much as urban as it gets

oh I thought of something, there's the Clinton Presidential library, I bet that's some good reading :hysterica

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
My inlaws are from the area, there's nothing to do there.

Nick, yes it's in the south, no there are no cows. LR is pretty much as urban as it gets

oh I thought of something, there's the Clinton Presidential library, I bet that's some good reading :hysterica
Get there early as the crowds are unruly!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know exactly how you are feeling. I had a conference there a couple of years ago and thought the same thing before going. Luckly I had someone going with me that had been there before. We played several rounds of golf, there are some awesome courses within a 15-20 minute drive north of downtown. The best place that we ate was a place called "Cajun's Wharf", great food, sits right on the shore of the Arkansas River and if I remeber right they have an outside deck area. Not sure if they allow smoking or not. We stayed at "The Peabody" in downtown, in their giftshop they had a little selection of some nice smokes. This is where I bought and smoked my first cigar ever, a very nice Upmann.

While looking up the names of these places on the internet I found a name of a Little Rock b&m. I have no idea where in Little Rock its at but here it is "The Pipe & Tobacco Shop, 2908 S University Ave., phone: (501) 562-7473". If you are going to be there on the 22nd I noticed that "The Who" is playing at the Alltel Arena. Could be a pretty good concert.

Hope this helps.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Isnt that the location of the Bill Clinton Blue Dress historical site?:rolling:

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I know exactly how you are feeling. I had a conference there a couple of years ago and thought the same thing before going. Luckly I had someone going with me that had been there before. We played several rounds of golf, there are some awesome courses within a 15-20 minute drive north of downtown. The best place that we ate was a place called "Cajun's Wharf", great food, sits right on the shore of the Arkansas River and if I remeber right they have an outside deck area. Not sure if they allow smoking or not. We stayed at "The Peabody" in downtown, in their giftshop they had a little selection of some nice smokes. This is where I bought and smoked my first cigar ever, a very nice Upmann.

While looking up the names of these places on the internet I found a name of a Little Rock b&m. I have no idea where in Little Rock its at but here it is "The Pipe & Tobacco Shop, 2908 S University Ave., phone: (501) 562-7473". If you are going to be there on the 22nd I noticed that "The Who" is playing at the Alltel Arena. Could be a pretty good concert.

Hope this helps.

Thanks David - I really appreciate it. I will look into the restaurant but (unfortunately) will not be around for the concert. I hope to be able to golf a little, though I may not have time.